Hello! New Here...

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to MFP but I am new at sticking with a program! I've lost/gained/lost/gained more times than I care to remember. I'm 49 years old and living in New York. I joined a Boot Camp program 5 months ago. I'm loving it. It is like a family. What I need to do now is control my eating and start the process of shedding the pounds! I'm looking forward to group motivation here and tips on how to stay on track.

Replies

• happygirlw73
    happygirlw73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This place is great for motivation!
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Looking forward to this!
  • PHXBlondie
    PHXBlondie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm right there with you regarding the yo-yo weight. I want to just get it off and keep it off this time. I'm trying to approach it differently this time. Less as a diet with a "goal" - which indicates a finish line to cross (and then we're done). That's gotten me into trouble before. I'm just trying to look at it as making permanent changes that aren't as drastic as "dieting" but will have lifelong results that happen over time, rather than temporary ones.
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great approach. You are right about the finish line and then you are done concept. It is a forever journey as I see it. Looking forward to when my brain will finally "click" and say "You are never going back there again". It will come someday. I just want this time to be the last! :)