Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Good news, bad news wanted to share

The last time I went to the doctor the scale said 393. I had slightly high blood pressure and was severely depressed. Fast forward 18 months and I lost 98 pounds. I went back to the doctor because weight loss has hit a major stall to the point where I have gained 23 lbs so now I am 323. While I get bummed out that weight loss has stalled I no longer battle depression. The goal of the doctor visit was to see if there is any logical medical reason why I am not losing and the answer was no. My thyroid is perfect, metabolism is fine, A1c beautiful, liver function kidneys cholesterol blood pressure etc all perfect. My wife thought I would be upset because I have no answer to why I'm not losing but in reality after getting my labs back I was happier than ever. I had just spent 18 months busting my *kitten* and while it's not all showing on the scale my health is responding big time, that's a huge win for me. If anything it has inspired me to keep fighting, the scale has to move at some point but my health is improving daily. My point is (sorry for rambling) don't let the scale dictate your success and check in with your doctor yearly to track your overall progress. Thanks for reading

Replies

• Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Nice NSV!!! Keep on keepin' on, and good luck on your journey to a healthier you!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    You are so right as much as we may want it we know the scale can only do so much and does not guarantee that we are healthy or unhealthy. Keep up the good work, we all stall and slide a little backwards but even that it better than standing still.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Fantastic work, WTG!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Very well done on all counts :smile:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    You are doing great. Keep the positive mood going. :mrgreen: