Heartbreak and comfort food

Options
I have recently left my partner of 4 years and I'm now healing with heartbreak for the first time. Last time I was here I was trying to lose weight for proposing to him, to which he said yes, but 6 weeks down the line and I'm now single and desperately trying not to comfort eat and give in to the temptation of curling up in bed all day. Sometimes its hard miss him a bit more every day and between my work and UNI i dont fel like i have the time to deal with what gone on with us, but what can you do guess I'm just in a moping mood. Any advice welcome just now.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I like the gym for heart break actually. Work out, save some calories and eat some dark chocolate.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I like the gym for heart break actually. Work out, save some calories and eat some dark chocolate.

Definitely this. Throw the emotion into working out rather than food, or workout enough so you can indulge in some comfort food without compromising your weight loss/health goals.

• Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters. Replace those feelings to eat with something that will make you feel positive about yourself. Food tends to down the line make us feel bad for making those choices. If you spend the time in the gym instead its a win win :)
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

What she said. I'm 100% for chocolate with 70% cocoa or more. Guilt free, especially with exercise! And nothing makes you feel stronger, sexier, more confident and more flexible to bounce back from a bad breakup than hitting the gym! Post-breakups have historically been when I'm at my fittest, because I have more free time, I don't have as many cozy nights in on the couch with delivery food and my partner, and I'm relieving my stress and sadness and pumping the endorphins! Yahh gurl!!!! You'll bounce right back and be firmer than ever before :D
  • arditarose
    Options

What she said. I'm 100% for chocolate with 70% cocoa or more. Guilt free, especially with exercise!

Yeah, makes me feel less yucky and more decadent than a bunch of junk, plus the good stuff costs more so you might not plow through it. Have it with some berries. Nom. Now hungry.
  • arditarose
    Options
    But in all honesty, just keep moving. If you still want to lose weight, eat whatever you'd like if it comforts you AND fits in your calorie goals :)
  • RTrigger91
    RTrigger91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thanks guys nice to have some support and bit of good advice :) guess i know what im doing today ha ha!
  • Fruitylicious03
    Options
    Exercise is the most under-used anti-depressant. :wink:

Crank up some good music...hit the gym, and pretend you're hitting him in the face with a barbell...

Besides, whatever he did wrong...if he did that...he's not worth having you. And there are plenty more that will trip over their feet to get their hands on you. :smiley:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    declare your independence.
    update your playlists.
    get a new couple workout outfits.

the gym and the road are your new safe haven.

Time to make your life all about yourself and get what you know it's time for you to have.
This discussion has been closed.