Eat To Live first week

Options
Hi there,

My husband and I just started the Eat To Live diet and are on day 4 in our first week. We're still adjusting for sure. I feel like we are stuffing ourselves with healthy food but feel hungry 30 minutes later. Is this something we will get over as our bodies adjust?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Open your diary it you want helpful answers.
    --
    Sometimes it is an adjustment period. Sometimes it is that your calorie goal is too low.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Eat to Live is very restrictive. It might take some getting used to, for sure. It looks pretty low protein, low fat- the two things that make you feel full. I read the book years ago and decided it was too restrictive for me to try. WebMD said his Eat for Health plan is a little easier.
  • rosestring
    rosestring Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I tried Eat to Live, and had the same issue as well. My ultimate reason for stopping it was that I didn't have enough time to prepare food, as well as the high cost of living on it. Now two things:

1) Have you tried to way in which you CAN eat meat (just limited quantities)? Or are you trying the vegan way?

2) Are you sure it's worth putting the energy into it? I don't mean to be irritating, but something I had come to terms with during ETL was that I couldn't see myself eating that way for the REST OF MY LIFE. I don't know, like WalkingAlong said, it is so restrictive. I bring that up because if you are having trouble feeling satiated with it, you may want to try something else, or adding chicken.
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It looks like dairy and meat products are off limits on this diet. Restricting those foods cuts a lot of protein and fat out of your diet. Protein and fat are more likely to keep you full longer than carbs. Carbs will give you quick energy but generally leave you hungry a short time later. Unless you find a way to up your protein and fat on this diet you will probably always feel hungry soon after eating. However, I would find it very hard to get adequate protein and fat without meat and dairy products in your diet.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    OP join the group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100425-eating-to-live

Decide if it "fits". If it doesn't, you can still readily incorporate some of the qualities of that lifestyle into your own.

I'm not a buddhist, but I learned a lot about it, and incorporate principles of it into my daily living. :)
  • julgwill
    julgwill Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    as an eat to live person, you've got embrace plant proteins, or you will always be hungry. I put avocado and lentils in most of my salads, as well as a generous amount of almonds and walnuts. You can also add more beans to anything you are eating. If you're actually feeling hungry (and not just TOXIC hunger) then those should fill you up. However, if you're having a withdrawal from suagr, you fill find you don't feel satisfied until you eat something sweet. Just push through at it will go away.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    As the previous poster suggested....Beans and lentils are very helpful to feeling full and highly recommended on the eat to live diet. Nuts and avocado are great sources of fat and help with satiety. Cashew milk mixed with carrot juice makes an amazing and satisfying salad dressing.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Edit: I don't actually have a good answer other than what has been recommended about seeking out the group here on MFP. I misread your question at first and my original response does not apply.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    No, I doubt it.......it's basically rabbit food, are you a rabbit?