Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Newbie saying Hello

Hi Everyone, My name is Mark and I am a 6' 2" male from West Sussex (UK) I started my latest weight loss back in July and since then have lost 10Kg as of this morning. I use the Fitbit One for tracking my steps and Fitbit scales to weigh myself, all my food tracking is done with myfitnesspal and my workouts I track with Endomondo. I mainly sit behind a desk all day and on Sunday I joined a gym in Bognor Regis, so I am looking to gain some muscle and burn more fat. I am looking to lose another 34Kg I know it will be hard and I am looking to be an active member on here looking for support and also when I can give others support. Looking forward to being part of the community.

Replies

• hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Welcome to the MFP community. Lots of inspiration and motivation!!! Be sure to check in everyday and have a small circle of friends to keep you accountable.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,236 MFP Moderator
    Welcome to MFP, and congrats on joining a gym. :) For me, that was the hardest step. Losing weight wasn't exactly easy, but I was at least motivated to do it. Working out was one of those things that I had to force myself into until I figured out how good it made me feel. LOL!
  • Shaq70
    Shaq70 Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2014
    davis_em wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP, and congrats on joining a gym. :) For me, that was the hardest step. Losing weight wasn't exactly easy, but I was at least motivated to do it. Working out was one of those things that I had to force myself into until I figured out how good it made me feel. LOL!

Yes I do enjoy it but I am working out on my own and it is quite hard as I am larger than most and feel conscious of the fact but I do feel better for it.
  • Hi there - I recently gave up work and the weight was starting to pile on. I am new to MFP, and love the signing in every day and keeping track of what I put in my mouth. I never was too strong on maths, so I am delighted with the way everything in counted out for me. I have been walking my little legs off every day and bought myself a kettle bell, so I want to get to work on this. I never thought calorie counting could be such fun. 9 lbs in two weeks - onwards and downwards!