I need IIFYM friends

Options
Looking for more iifym friends... especially ones that will share macro friendly recipes with me!

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Me me me :D I'm all about that IIFYM lyfee!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    me! :#
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like :smile:
  • ashleyjohnstonn1
    ashleyjohnstonn1 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Added all of you:)
  • LeighannG5
    LeighannG5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain how it works? I've heard about If it fits your macros but don't fully understand it.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    LeighannG5 wrote: »
    Can someone explain how it works? I've heard about If it fits your macros but don't fully understand it.

You set your target macro goals. You try to hit those goals with nutrient dense foods. If you have some room to spare at the end of the day, you don't get extra credit for eating more broccoli or chicken so have something you enjoy instead.

A lot of people take IIFYM and turn it into "eat whatever you want" which isn't the case.

That's a quick breakdown, but I would suggest a Google search for IIFYM and do some reading.

• LeighannG5
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

You set your target macro goals. You try to hit those goals with nutrient dense foods. If you have some room to spare at the end of the day, you don't get extra credit for eating more broccoli or chicken so have something you enjoy instead.

A lot of people take IIFYM and turn it into "eat whatever you want" which isn't the case.

That's a quick breakdown, but I would suggest a Google search for IIFYM and do some reading.

Thank you! "Eat whatever you want" was definitely my first impression, which didn't make sense. Sounds like a good plan!
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Thank you! "Eat whatever you want" was definitely my first impression, which didn't make sense. Sounds like a good plan!

IIFYM.com is actually a pretty good source, they have a lot of good articles, and also a macro calculator. The only thing is I find there estimates to be slightly high.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I love what IIFYM is all about. It's made me a much healthier relationship with food and I've finally learned how to eat balanced and still enjoy treats.
  • LeighannG5
    Options

IIFYM.com is actually a pretty good source, they have a lot of good articles, and also a macro calculator. The only thing is I find there estimates to be slightly high.

Thank you!!
  • FierceLittleMeg
    Options
    You can add me :)
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    You can add me too