No Fat Milk

Options
Hi there,
I've recently started drinking no fat milk in my coffee after drinking full cream all my life. The only issue is, to me, both brands i've tried taste mouldy pencil shavings. The brands i've tried are shape and physical no fat.
Has anyone got any recommendations for milk that tastes like... well, milk? ^__^

Thanks.

Replies

• jclimey
    Options
    Organic low fat milk tastes creamier to me.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options

If you don't like the skim, maybe try 1% or 2%.
    Actually whole milk would have fewer kcals than cream anyway.
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth it to get organic milk, regardless of which %. Organic skim milk is possibly the biggest difference when bought organic.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Whole milk
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    non fat dairy creamer, if it's just for your coffee then that should replicate cream well enough.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you're determined to go off full fat, go down to a 2% rather than the no fat.
  • arnold824
    Options
    I don't know if Cowhead is available in your country but if it is, you should try one. It looks like this:
    3l3wdhcjjugh.jpg

I currently use the Cowhead Slim (green one) as milk for my cereal since it only has around 39 calories for 100ml and It's fat free OR you could try the Cowhead Lite (light blue one) it has 47 calories for 100ml but its only advantage is it kinda tastes better but for me it doesn't really kinda matter since I can only taste the cereal while eating with either one of those two.

Here are its nutritional facts:
    1. Cowhead Slim, Fat Free (Green)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/cowhead-slim-pure-milk-fat-free-high-calcium-102550898

2. Cowhead Lite, Low Fat (Light Blue)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/cowhead-lite-low-fat-milk-49907911

All I can say is that they really do taste like milk, especially the Lite one but it isn't fat free so you can decide which one.

• fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I never drink skim anymore, always at least 1% fat organic, and usually go with half and half, or real creamer for my coffee, because I can use much less of it and still get the same effects
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    2% at a minimum.

low fat is like old fish tank water.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    2 TB of half and half (1 per cup of coffee) comes to 40 calories that are so very worthwhile in the morning. It took a while to get used to using less cream than I had been, but using a lower-fat option just meant I used more and enjoyed it less. Then again, I'm not particularly afraid of fat.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    2 TB of half and half (1 per cup of coffee) comes to 40 calories that are so very worthwhile in the morning.

OMG, yes.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I like skim milk.

But how much cream where you drinking that you HAVE to cut it? Just make it fit if that's what you like.
  • xxlunacy
    Options
    Thanks everyone. We don't have 2% milk in Australia but my guess is there's something similar enough on our shelves. Never even thought of coffee creamer! :3
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I went from 2% to fat-free. I got used to the difference in less than a week, but I don't drink coffee.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I use Fat Free Half & Half. It works well for coffee.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Lactaid milk has a nice taste to it I find. I get the 1%.