Insanity Workout

Options
So, I'm 55lbs down of 100 lbs to lose and have recently decided to give the Insanity workout a try. This is the result of hitting a plateau for a few months on weight loss/progress. Anyone have similar experiences in terms of plateauing? Or trying Insanity? Would be great to find some friends with similar goals! Feel free to share your stories/frustrations/experiences.

Replies

• kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Old post, I know but I am having this issue. I have another 10 lbs that I'd like to lose. It's taking forever! Keep going up n down same numbers. After thanksgiving I'm going to change things up with insanity
  • jez_4ever
    jez_4ever Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have hit the "plateau" many times. What I have found out is it usually has something to do with your diet. Even when you think you're eating healthier, you actually may not really be. My daily Sugar intake was the problem. After losing weight with Insanity, I couldn't keep losing and even worse was having trouble maintaining. As a guy, I now try to stay between 15 and 25 g of sugar a day (much easier said than done), but if you want to get off the plateau, it is a must...

According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are (7):

Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons).
    Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons).