Veggie

ashsara6
ashsara6 Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I've been vegetarian for 5 months now, at the start of the year I was with weight watchers and i lost 12kilo and I left to lead a vegetarian lifestyle as it's something I've always wanted to achieve, not knowing weight watchers apparently has vegetarian meals. but i don't want to waste money on that any more to be honest and the meals aren't that exciting. I haven't stepped on a scale since I left which was around May. I'm terrified to see if I've put on or lost.. Also when I had lost 12kilo I just did not feel it or see it, which was sad for me, It didn't give me much motivation and that i was filled with false hope "You will feel the weight dropping off after 5kilo" and I can't feel it and also being vegetarian I know that doesn't make me healthy and going to lose all my weight by default. I don't feel as though I've lost weight. I mostly sit around at home all day in bed, I've been trying to motivate myself to do 30min on treadmill and if im still not sweating i will keep going until i do. I feel like I'm eating really healthy but I'm not sure. Any tips from vegetarians? I don't have anyone to talk to.

I try to change up my meals (dinner)weekly and stick with recipes I could cook and enjoy.
Tonight i had a big plate of salad as it was too late to cook something full on (haloumi, potato, sweet potato, lettuce, kale, spinach, carrot, tomato, onion)
- a lazy night i'll have patties in a rye oat n linseed wrap with lettuce tomato cucumber (the pattie being made up of, sweet potato, lentils, cornflour, sesame seeds)
-ill have spinach n ricotta rolled up in eggplant with passata sauce
-i'll have cauliflower steaks which is just a cheek of cauliflower with herbs on it and a side of roasted broccoli and grilled haloumi cheese
-i'll also sometimes have gnocchi with pesto and walnuts
-or if im feeling festive, ill have a big plate of roasted sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini(courgette), carrot, capsicum etc.
-sometimes i'll have cauliflower, lentil and tofu curry
-fridays the fam has take out night, i try to have subway but sometimes i indulge in a small vegetarian pizza and regret and end up feeling sick so i try to go with subway.
( i know this is weird, im 21 years old and I sometimes eat the kids baby sized cheese and vegetable ravioli)

i used to eat alot of lentils and quinoa but i just cant find any good recipes for them that ill stick to!!! lentils search results normally are all soups and curries. and quinoa is just chucked in a salad or eaten for breakfast or turned into a patty.

(lunch) once or twice a week i have half subway roll with cucumber onion lettuce mayo
or ill just have a sandwich, cucumber, radish, kale, tomato, cheese, mayo in a chia wholemeal bread.
or leftovers from dinner.
and 3-4times a week ill have a smoothie, with banana, blueberries, oats, chia and almond milk.

(once a week i do abit of baking sweets(cookies, banana bread, biscotti) for the fam, i try to make healthy-ish ones but family dont like it, because they're definitely not about the healthy living.)

breakfast, i'll have two slices of toast with natural peanut butter, sometimes with fresh squeezed orange. but i've purchased a superfood powder and add a spoon to a glass of almond milk. which the packet says "55 ingredients; 10 super greens & veggies, 12 super fruits, 2 billion probiotics plus prebiotics, red algae sea based multi-minerals, 4 digestive enzymes, 6 certified organic whole grains, 25 antioxidants"

(fruits) i try to eat fruits as much as i can.
i'll have nashi pears, pomegranate, watermelon, bananas, oranges.

(snacks; sometimes a weightwatchers (4pp) muesli, sometimes something i shouldnt be eating late at night because i got hungry :(, pear, lentil chips, the healthiest aloe vera juice ive found in my supermarket)

Please help!!! What am I doing wrong!