My husband did not understand.....

Options
Flab2fitfi
Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
why I was so happy yesterday. I had a bath and noticed that my thighs/bum no longer create a Dam in the bath.

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    why I was so happy yesterday. I had a bath and noticed that my thighs/bum no longer create a Dam in the bath.

Dump him. You don't need none of that!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Men, huh? I know exactly what you mean and how happy it makes you! Great job! :happy:
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That is a great success!!!! Awesome!!!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Options

Lol. The whole bath dam thing is such a great achievement. No more two temp baths or furious paddling trying to get some warm water into the freezing cold pool that form behind my back.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You go girl!

I feel like these moments are so rewarding!

Most men don't understand, it's a good thing you have us, we totally get it.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif
  • JAEGAmom
    JAEGAmom Posts: 39
    Options
    It doesn't matter if they (men) think we're crazy for little things like that! I'm sure my husband thinks I have completely lost my mind alot of the time... What counts is that he loves you and supports you!

And yay for you! That is something that makes you able to "SEE" what you've accomplished so far! That's great! Keep it up!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I don't get it? :confused:
  • blakerb29
    blakerb29 Posts: 74
    Options
    Congrats, he may not see as much difference as you do but no one knows your body like you do and no one cares as much as you do.
    This is not a bad thing, he probably liked how you looked before your success and doesn't attach as much significance to it as you.

If he was on the other side of the spectrum it would be worse most likely.

However it can be upsetting if
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    DisappearingTwinkie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I know that NSV!!! Congratulations!!!
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options

Where your (excuse my rubbish explanation) wide enough to prevent water behind you from leaving the bath...

Well done. I am still a human dam...
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options

lololol

Good job on the weight loss OP :smile:
  • ElizabethKat1644
    Options
    Woo! Congrats!! :) I don't have husband... Or even a boyfriend -.- but I know that he just doesn't understand how big of an accomplishment that is :) Keep going! :D Good job :)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Options

Where your (excuse my rubbish explanation) wide enough to prevent water behind you from leaving the bath...

Well done. I am still a human dam...

exactly and when you run more hot/cold water the water behind is always a different temp ( normally cold)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Well dear you probably had him distracted with your lovely, excited, wet, naked body in the tub. Jeesh give the poor guy a break.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options

LOL
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm sure he just didn't understand. Try explaining it a different way. Like, "Honey, guess what? I've lost so much weight that there's now enough room in the tub for you to JOIN me." That oughta help him see what a great thing is happening. :wink:
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    LOL funny story. The truth is that in almost all areas, people (men or women) who are not and have never been over weight don't understand much of what we go through and what we see as success stories. My wife and I are both dieting and have both lost a significant amount of weight (over 50 lbs. each) so we better understand each other.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I'm proud of your dam butt!

I'm also really proud of your dam determination, dam inspiration, and your dam fine job to drop that weight off.

It's just a shame your dam husband doesn't understand.

:flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I'm proud of your dam butt!

I'm also really proud of your dam determination, dam inspiration, and your dam fine job to drop that weight off.

It's just a shame your dam husband doesn't understand.

:flowerforyou:

No, it's a dam shame. Perhaps like me he just didn't get it, but thankfully OP has a place like this where many many other people will get it. So hubby can be off the hook for not understanding, just like me. Congrats OP, and here's to many temp regulated baths in the future! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!