After Surgery

Greetings All.

Last week I had some female surgery that was very easy and I am healing well. Prior to the surgery, the doctor informed me that I would have trouble losing weight due to the hormone levels. Now, that it is completed... it's time.

I walk my dog daily and am starting to increase the walk time. Any suggestions for starting to build endurance and core strength??

Thanks!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Well, walking longer builds walking endurance. Planks help develop core strength (search Youtube for "how to plank"). Are you sure you can do abdominal exercises this soon after surgery?

Why do you think you need extra core strength? Is it because you have abdominal fat?
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    I had laproscopic surgery in August to get my tubes tied. Even though after a week or so I felt ok pain wise, it took about a month before I could handle any core exercise. Tried a couple times, but the presure on my incisions was just too much. For now I would just keep walking, maybe add some jogging if your incisions can handle it, give those time to heal properly
  • Ilenejoy4
    Ilenejoy4 Posts: 3 Member
    I have baby fat.. that happened to settle in my abdomen. Someone yells, "Yoga..." I don't go. Seriously, I know I just need to start somewhere.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Ilenejoy4 wrote: »
    I have baby fat.. that happened to settle in my abdomen. Someone yells, "Yoga..." I don't go. Seriously, I know I just need to start somewhere.

As you'll hear a lot here.. you can't spot-reduce fat. It comes off from wherever it wants to - we don't get to choose. So i would follow the usual fat-loss plan of an active lifestyle + full-body strength training + calorie control. For strength, try starting with a simple program like Nerd Fitness (check google for it). Again, check with a doctor first.