Options
    so what do you think I should do?
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Dern420 wrote: »

Pick which one felt strongest for you. Somewhere between 90 and 45. :) Dumbbells allow for freedom of movement to turn your wrists to where you feel strongest. They allow for an arc in the lifting path also. Its a great lift.

Keeping wrist at a 90 and lifting in a straight path is like doing a barbell bench press. Which is also a good lift.

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Dern420 wrote: »

Whatever you want.

Flaring your elbows completely is going to isolate your front delts and pecs a lot more and as a result will limit the weight you can use. (this is very similar to a pec fly)

Tucking your elbows all the way to your sides will isolate your triceps more and will limit the weight you can use (this is very similar to a close-grip bench press).

Tucking your elbows a bit but not all the way (in between the above two) ends up recruiting all the above muscles to an extent and will generally be the most powerful of the movements (max weight). But it won't hit any of the muscles super hard as they're all sharing the load.

So it basically depends on what you're looking to do. If you want to move maximal weight, use the method that you feel/are strongest at. If you want to isolate particular muscles (maybe to shore up a weakness or build extra mass in a certain area) then adjust accordingly.
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    so in the video where I tuck my elbows in, is that in between the two?