43 lbs lost in 3 weeks

Options

Replies

• dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is amazing Roger!
    You're doing so well, and I'm very glad you're thinking of dumping the surgery to do it yourself! Eventually it will become more difficult to lose the weight, but you've already shocked yourself at your progress! Keep doing what you're doing, it's working well! You're an amazing person, and I wish you continued success!!
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Congrats Roger, keep it going, be strong, fight the good fight!
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep at it and stay positive!
  • SpecialKH
    SpecialKH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous! I think you can do it on your own! Save that $$ for some skin reduction later! :D Granted I only needed to loose about 90 and wasn't quite big enough for bariatric sleeve surgery but I checked into it and saw the cost and thought to myself "If someone offered to pay me that much to LOSE the weight, I bet I could and would. So why can't I SAVE myself that much and do it myself?" Down 55 in 8 months and certainly much more fit.

After a while the cravings won't be there, a little hunger won't bother you and you'll feel even more proud of yourself! You are SO WORTH TAKING GOOD CARE OF. Make tracking a religion. I also use the Body Media Armband to more accurately gauge my calorie expenditure.

From Your Cheering Section!
  • jenni112877
    Options
    Amazing!!! keep it up!
  • tattooedminx
    tattooedminx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats Roger, cannot wait for another update! Keep at this, you got it!!!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's so hard to turn that corner and go from the status quo to a whole new way of eating and living. I had lap band surgery 2.5 years ago and have never regretted it, but surgery is certainly not for everyone. Please send me a friend request if you want -- I'm happy to share my experiences. :)
  • LazyDaise
    LazyDaise Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    THAT IS FANTASTIC!! It would be amazing if you could do it youself and not need surgery!
  • valerieg78
    valerieg78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work, Roger!!!
  • Muggle1970
    Muggle1970 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are completely inspiring! I am so happy for you. Keep up the truly incredible work!
  • michael_m1989
    michael_m1989 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Good job! Why not try and go at it on your own before trying surgery. Just think of the health benefits you could gain without any risks!
  • makingmylifebetter
    Options
    WOW, STANDING OVATION!! I wasn't able to see what you're eating, but would love to know! You can also just make your diary open. I'm going to send you a friend request so I can follow your journey. I've been having a hard time getting started, but you have shown me that a lot can be accomplished in 3 weeks.
  • jmehere
    jmehere Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's great! Honestly, 1500 actually seems a little low, you could probably still be losing a ton of weight just by halving what you were eating. And good for you that you're rethinking the surgery. I had a friend that did the one where it makes your stomach smaller. While she has lost her weight and kept it off, she's had to have blood transfusions due to low iron, she's had problems with her hair and nails. So, the trade off is that yes you may get thinner, but you may suffer poor health due to problems associated with malabsorption in exchange. I don't think doctors are as up front as they ought to be about these risky surgeries because frankly, it's what they sell.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!! I know that the Dr.'s require a diet before bariatric surgery to reduce the size of the liver, but I also think they want you to see that it CAN be done on your own and hopefully the patients reconsider. Keep up the good work!
  • tropic80girl
    tropic80girl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep up the great work =)
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Congratulations! I think the fact that you are even reconsidering surgery speaks to your commitment to losing weight. A lot of people want what they think will be a quick fix and it never is. I would not be surprised if you lose another 100lbs (or more) before any real slow down. And once you can start exercising it will jumpstart the fat burning again. Don't get me wrong, it will be hard, but you will achieve lots of early success to keep you motivated.

My mom did the lapband surgery and reverted back to her overeating and no exercising and has gained most of the weight back. She still has the band on and suffers from indigestion and discomfort because she's not following the post-surgery procedures.

I think people need some "skin in the game" to really change their mindsets and lives. The harder you work to lose weight the more likely you will be to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I am busting my buns to lose weight I gained and I'm gonna bottle this feeling for when I reach my goal and even think about slipping back into old ways.

Good Luck.
  • rcookenc
    Options
    Thanks again for all the words of encouragement. I go back to the bariatric clinic Monday and will let you all know what was said and if any more weight lost.
  • Bekkah5215
    Options
    Wow... that's amazing!! I echo many posters before me in saying that maybe you can do this on your own without surgery ~ that would be great!! Congrats on your success so far... keep up the good work! :)
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Roger this is just what I needed to see today. I have lost 80 pounds so far I started at 412. Some days I get very discouraged with my progress, then someone like you comes along with that "I can" attitude and reminds me of how I felt when I began my journey! Congratulations on your tremdous loss and best of luck for continued success! :)

PS> friend request sent. :)
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Good for you, but remember it's in the math. The more weight you lose the slower it will come off. Just hang in there, and you will reach your goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!