Please be careful with calorie deficits. I had my RMR tested & was shocked how my body responded.

Options
13»

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Dave198lbs wrote: »
    maybe off topic but I am curious what that day at Cooper clinic cost. I understand it may be private info and maybe insurance covered it but I wouldnt mind getting these tests done

I would call the Walker Wellness clinic at cooper and discuss a consultation.

thanks. I dont feel I "need" the testing but if it was reasonable I think it would be good info to have. My limited knowledge is that you will be able to readjust your metabolism with patience. Good Luck.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    And this is my last post. I'm out. I can't handle the wrath of the internet I suppose. Apologies and good day. :neutral_face:

Strange post is strange. I'm guessing you posted this in order to be controversial, and then the horde failed to deliver, and were nothing but polite. Since you had a stockpile of "OMG EVERYONE IS SO MEAN" replies all thought up, you figured you would use them out of context, in a polite thread, just to confuse us.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I do NOT believe a word of this!
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    So what is your plan to heal? Are you going to slowly add calories, or make a big jump? Would like to know how you'll be using the information you learned. I'm curious because I think I'm probably in much the same position as you.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Why did you have such a low calorie intake for so long? 1200 is pretty low for your height don't you think?

i'm 5;7 and I would want to eat my own shoes at that amount.

That is like asking why I fell off from pic one to pic two on my profile. *kitten* happens it is life and the past.

uh....what?

• pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    sseqwnp wrote: »
    And this is my last post. I'm out. I can't handle the wrath of the internet I suppose. Apologies and good day. :neutral_face:

Strange post is strange. I'm guessing you posted this in order to be controversial, and then the horde failed to deliver, and were nothing but polite. Since you had a stockpile of "OMG EVERYONE IS SO MEAN" replies all thought up, you figured you would use them out of context, in a polite thread, just to confuse us.

I thought she was just offering her personal experience & the findings as a word of warning to people who may be considering a long term VLCD. I have 2 co-workers doing HCG right now & a friend who swears she never loses at anything above 1,200 calories & can't eat her exercise calories back so I thought it was very interesting.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Why did you have such a low calorie intake for so long? 1200 is pretty low for your height don't you think?

One final post since this is a good question...I have had an eating disorder for the last 4 years that I entered into treatment for this year. You're right. It was extremely too low for too long.

makes sense.. and it would make sense this is why you're struggling now...sorry to hear that. hopefully you can get it all sorted and you'll be tip top in no time. <3
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

That is like asking why I fell off from pic one to pic two on my profile. *kitten* happens it is life and the past.

uh....what?

You asked why she had such a low calorie for years. I was not going to guess ED. You were asking about past problems and my response was why does it matter. She made mistakes and so did I. We learn from them.

This discussion has been closed.