Nausea when finishing eating

Hi MyFitnessPal-ers! I've been experiencing the weirdest bouts of nausea, and was wondering if anyone had any insight into what could possibly be going on. When I eat some meals (I'd say this happens a few times a week) I get intense nausea. This has only been going on for the last month or so. I'll also note that I base my diet around pretty much only eating meat, veggies, and fruit (very limited processed foods/processed carbs), but I've had this eating style for the last 1.5 years or so. The nausea only lasts for about 5 minutes, and only occurs when I'm taking the last few bites of my meal. I'm not over-eating to the point of nausea - just eating normal sized meals.

Any ideas?

Replies

• daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    edited November 2014
    I would say your system is too acidic, you need to incorporate more vegetables. The animal meat especially may even cause you discomfort of a tension in your gut..
    perhaps you should evalulate your food, very specifically one thing at a time.. or head to the doc, have him check the stomach, may be inflammation within the intestines
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Are you eating something in particular when this happens? A particular veggie/fruit/meat? Some type of pasta? What are you drinking with your meals?

My son used to get this sometimes, and we finally figured out that he is lactose intolerant. Honestly, it took us far too long to actually figure out the cause. :(
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    It's probably the toxins
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Pregnant? ;)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    I get this sometimes. It mostly happens if I eat a hard boiled egg that's still hot from the water. I have no idea why.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    I was going to suggest acidic too. Maybe try having a bit of milk before you eat. See if that makes it better or worse.
  • kjdavis67
    kjdavis67 Posts: 2 Member
    I was having a similiar problem, very often when I ate I would feel so uncomfortable & relief came if I could throw it up. Especially if I ate late in the day. I had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago & I feel better than I have in years.
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Thanks for the input, guys. You definitely gave me some things to think about.
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Pregnant?
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Sounds like pregnancy to me.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I had this for a long time. Basically it happened around 24/25 years old and lasted until this June when I started logging my food. I just made a thread the other day about how it had stopped!

I would feel sick after a meal almost every day or every other day. I tried to pay attention to what was doing it but really could never pin point it. It got to the point where I was kind of complaining out loud too often, which made me feel bad, so I would get really quiet after I ate because I just felt so sick.

Sorry...no help. Just an anecdote :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Preggers :P
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Something else it could be is c. Diff? I'm not a doc but recently when I was taking antibiotics my dr told me getting c diff was a risk.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    AOdell79 wrote: »
    Something else it could be is c. Diff? I'm not a doc but recently when I was taking antibiotics my dr told me getting c diff was a risk.

Seems like that is more abdominal pain and diarrhea