Looking for supportive, encouraging friends!

Options
Hi everyone,

I am a vegetarian sometimes vegan and I want to lose about 90lbs. I've been trying this on my own without much luck. I need some support and accountability to keep me on track. I love spinning and weight lifting, oh and I love food...too much. I tend to binge eat and then feel really bad about it. Add me as a friend if we have anything in common and you would like mutual support.

Replies

• elicederoos
    Options
    Hello - I'm a huge meat eater, but understand the need to loose weight and enjoy working out...not sure if that works for you - but if it does, i'm happy to help cheer you on.
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I completely understand about food. I get lazy in the afternoon, then bored, then hungry. What's sad is I understand the trigger, just can't consistently crack the lazy part. But feel free to add me. I would love to try and help!
  • VeganJami
    VeganJami Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    jnord8729 wrote: »
    I completely understand about food. I get lazy in the afternoon, then bored, then hungry. What's sad is I understand the trigger, just can't consistently crack the lazy part. But feel free to add me. I would love to try and help!

My biggest trigger is stress. I come home from a long stressful day at work to a couple of beautiful but rowdy boys who don't want to do their homework. I think I use eating as a way to zone out and relax. I know there are other things I could do to relax, but eating always sounds like more fun. lol
  • PepaPigmfp
    Options
    Vegetarian here! :)
    Stress kind of does the same thing to me..
    I try to fight it with nuts, dried fruit, bananas...
    Feel free to add! :smile: