Getting the chills after a run

Options
I recently just got back into running after a difficult pregnancy. Before I was pregnant, I was running maybe 10 miles a week, and had no issues. This time around has been difficult and getting back into running has been tough, which is understandable as I am about 15 pounds heavier. Now after my runs (which aren't long, still around only 2-3 miles at a time) I sometimes get so so cold! I even cover up in my heavy sweater, sweats and winter jacket and still can't seem to get warm. Doesn't matter if its hot, cold, inside or outside running, I'm still freezing. I also get a strange cold sensation on the top of my head. It even happens sometimes when I'm still running, usually when I'm almost finished. Does anyone else experience this? And if so, what can I do to prevent it? I have a doctors appointment coming up soon so I'll be asking about it, but I wanted to know if maybe its not something that I should be worried about?

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,218 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How much are you eating? I've had this happen to me ONCE, and that particular day I hadn't had nearly enough to eat.
  • jamester26
    Options
    Make sure your drinking lots of water throughout the day. Just before or after a run doesn't do it. Constantly keeping hydrated makes it easier for you body when running.