I'm so happy with my body lately :)

Options
I feel so much stronger, and lighter on my feet, so much more comfortable, and even, dare I say it, wantable. And part of that came from meeting a man who thought I was sexy just as I was. When I met him I was 20 lbs heavier than I am now... but he never made me feel less than beautiful and sexy. I still have a few lbs to go, and some loose skin to tone up (as much as I can), but I no longer look at those things and think they make me disgusting and unloveable. Do I want to get rid of them - of course, and I'm working on it. I"ll always be a perfectionist. But it's nice not to look in the mirror and want to physically take a knife and cut bits off myself. Not that I'd ever actually DO that, but you know what I mean. That was the level of disgust I felt. It's nice not to feel that way about my own body anymore. And I know they say self love needs to come from within... but being with a man - a REAL man, who makes you feel beautiful just as you are - helps, too :) My previous boyfriend once looked at me after I'd told him I lost a bunch of weight, wrinkled up his nose, and said "yeah, but you haven't toned up enough. I TOLD you you need to work on toning, or you're not going to look good even when you do lose enough weight."

I'd worked so hard, and lost so much weight, and so wanted to please him. I'm so thankful to be out of that relationship.

Anyway, my point is, I don't feel like that anymore. I look good. I am not perfect, I still have things to work on, but I am enough just the way I am, flaws and all. We all are. I hope everyone who struggles with body image will realize their own beauty faster than I did, because I wasted far too many years hating myself for how I looked. Just skip all that BS, and realize that you're beautiful. <3

Replies

• estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Beautiful message, and I'm so happy for you! <3
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and congrats on feeling good about yourself :)
  • klassyketta
    klassyketta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow i am GLAD you got out of that relationship. Im happy for you. keep up the good work. Thanks so much for sharing
  • ducati45
    ducati45 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's how I want to feel- not ever going to be totally without flaws or perfect probably but comfortable in my body and thinking I look pretty good really, all things considered. Hopefully will be there sooner rather than later.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Like x 1,000,000. <3
  • ChristinaWelch78
    Options
    I don't know you, BUT I am SO proud of you. It's very hard to become "enough" for ourselves. What a great message to share.
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    LOVE this. Congratulations :)
  • DiamondDiva914
    DiamondDiva914 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This just made my day. You are amazing!
  • cranden
    cranden Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the most important thing you lost was that douche! Congrats on multiple successes :)
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It s a nice reminder :-). Keep it up :-)
  • AudraSky
    AudraSky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! What a wonderful message! Congratulations!!
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    So true!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!