Talking about appearances on online dating

Options
kjarvo
kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
edited November 2014 in Chit-Chat
Does it annoy you when people say 'you are so hot' on online dating? I get it regularly (not trying to show off haha, it happens to EVERYONE lol). I would rather make actual conversation. Also does it bother you when people say you are in great shape? Because I know I am not, so it puts me off.
I was talking to someone today, and he kept randomly saying you are hot, great figure etc. when I was trying to make actual conversation (literally after I'd written a paragraph). He also kept putting kisses after everything even though I haven't even met him? Am I a prude? Or is he a weirdo?

So
- Does talking about appearances annoy you on online dating?
- Does it annoy you if you if people say you are in great shape?
- Do kisses come across as creepy?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    8.5/10
  • kjarvo
    Options
    helpful lol
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    8.5/10

Haha hilarious.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I met my partner online a while back. He's the most gorgeous, genuine, sweet guy in the world, and I'm lucky to have him ...

However I also met (briefly chatted with) a large number of guys who are only there for one reason (and it isn't to get to know your personality). Guys have asked for a picture of my boobs, offered to send me a picture of "it" asked if they could come over for woohoo ... all in the first conversation. And then called me a "fridgid *kitten*" when I've politely declined.

I'm sure most of these guys are married and just looking for a bit on the side. Or liars (like the guy who contacted me when I said "no young children" and I found out later he had a 3 month old with his ex, who lived in the same street, after denying having any kids). Or single for a very good reason, like the ones who are so desperate they have you getting married next week (they don't give a toss about you either, they'd take anyone). The good ones are few and far between, but I think you can get a pretty good idea of where they're coming from if you spend 5 minutes chatting to them.

If the most creative thing they have to say to you is "you're hot" then you know why they're there. They say it to everyone, sorry.
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    LMAO @ "it"
  • kjarvo
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »
    I met my partner online a while back. He's the most gorgeous, genuine, sweet guy in the world, and I'm lucky to have him ...

However I also met (briefly chatted with) a large number of guys who are only there for one reason (and it isn't to get to know your personality). Guys have asked for a picture of my boobs, offered to send me a picture of "it" asked if they could come over for woohoo ... all in the first conversation. And then called me a "fridgid *kitten*" when I've politely declined.

I'm sure most of these guys are married and just looking for a bit on the side. Or liars (like the guy who contacted me when I said "no young children" and I found out later he had a 3 month old with his ex, who lived in the same street, after denying having any kids). Or single for a very good reason, like the ones who are so desperate they have you getting married next week (they don't give a toss about you either, they'd take anyone). The good ones are few and far between, but I think you can get a pretty good idea of where they're coming from if you spend 5 minutes chatting to them.

If the most creative thing they have to say to you is "you're hot" then you know why they're there. They say it to everyone, sorry.

Yeah it feels like they say it to everyone to give a compliment and hope they get a message back. The problem is it doesn't sound genuine. (Call me weird but I actually didn't like messages saying I had a great figure when I was at my heaviest, because it sounds like a cheap compliment). It did seem a bit odd that that was the most creative thing that he could think of, but said things like that a few times. I have a funny feeling about him even though his profile seemed good. You seem to have got lucky :) there are a lot of shallow or weird people on them lol.