I've only ever lost weight in a 12 step program

Options
djhnd
djhnd Posts: 89 Member
where I talked to a sponsor and had to tell him what I was eating every day. Also, going to meetings a few times / week.

I'm hoping to be able to do it a different way, using MFP and connecting with a community of people who want/need support for healthy eating / living / etc.

I know exactly what to eat, since in that program I've succeeded several times! Only to fall off and gain it back, or most of it anyway.

I haven't eaten refined sugar in 5.5 years, and I basically don't eat flour of any kind. Certainly not when I'm trying to lose weight.

Would love to make friends and work with other people. The essence of 12 step is, the way you help yourself is to help others. So maybe I can be of service to you!

Thanks,
Daniel

Replies

• morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi Daniel sounds like you are definitely on the right track! I am actually starting a challenge group on Saturday. The main point of this is accountability and motivation. You can check it out http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100496-newyoub4newyears

Morgan :D
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of having to tell someone what you eat
  • djhnd
    djhnd Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Refuseresist, the way it worked was you had to plan out your food for the day, "commit" to it, then tell your sponsor if you made any changes. Plus talk to them about other stuff too, which was sometimes just social talk, and sometimes talking about sources of stress and such that often might lead some of us to eat.

There was also the idea that you could reach out to a community of fellows when you needed to talk or were having trouble dealing with something. Sounds awesome, doesn't it?! But alas, it's not ideal for me :\