LADIES: Do the girls shrink with weight loss?

Options

Replies

• GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wish we could spot check and put the weight back in the boobs :(
  • THICKandFIT
    THICKandFIT Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    :'( I'm currently in my first 1/2 of weight loss and I can tell my D cup bras are getting too big...I'll end up a C, at the biggest, if I'm lucky. Poo.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    band size down, cup size not so much. The just sag a little more.:grumble:
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yep. 36FF at my heaviest, 30DD now. It's unlikely that they will get any smaller. I STILL can't by bras at a regular department store :( I have no desire get down down to a 28 band size. It's already hard enough to find bras. 94 pounds lost and 6 more to go.
  • BreeFeelinFree
    Options
    Boobs are nothing but fatty tissue, they're the first to go :) I went form a small A to AA......yay......NOT!
  • HDKay
    HDKay Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's a totally individual thing - mine never did so I had a breast reduction

Mine never do so I'm planning the above, it is a personal thing as I know my Mum's & sisters do but mine... mneh!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Yep, sadly they did. But I'm not aiming for super low bodyfat so really I just look better proportioned now. Though it's a bit of a buzzkill when I see the size tag.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36lb now and am STILL a 42G. I WISH MINE WOULD SHRINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My Moobs have almost gone away! Now I gotta work on the pecs!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    depends entirely upon the genetics of the person. About 6 years ago, I weighed 140 lbs and my breasts were only slightly smaller than now (one cup size from DD to D). My sister in law lost weight and by 170 lbs, her breasts were gone. But that's just genetics. All the ladies on my mom's side are well endowed but ladies in her family tend to be much smaller.

I'm just excited when the band number goes down. I wore a 40 at my heaviest (thanks for the big rib cage Dad) and am now down to a 36.

GL, hope you girls do what you want them to do (stay or go).
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    lol I thought the title asked if ladies shrink, like as in inch wise.

I had lost 12 pounds over 3 months once, and no, nothing changed up here! Just inches lost everywhere else :)
  • NurseEmmyRN
    NurseEmmyRN Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Varries from woman to woman. It really depends what percentage of your particular breast is mamary tissue to adipose (fat) tissue. If it's largely fat, it will shrink. If it's largely mamary, you will probably still see some reduction in size, but not a whole lot. In my family our band size goes down and our cup size goes up (since bras these days have cup sizes relative to band sizes - our boobs did not change size but we lost around our rib cages). But, yeah, it's totally individual. :-)
  • watcheronthewall
    Options
    Yes and yes it is dramatic, a couple of sizes 40dd to maybe a 36-34d - my old bras are huge in the cup and back and its very noticable (to me)

I've lost over 90lbs.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    I should just copy and paste this for every boob thread already...

1- boobs are fat

2-when you go from a 38DD to a 34DD or ANY smaller band with the SAME letter cup, your boobs have indeed SHRUNK.
    the volume on a lower size band with the same letter CUP is still ONE CUP SIZE SMALLER.

sorry ladies, these are the breaks.
  • alpenpam
    alpenpam Posts: 27
    Options
    Yes they shrink. All of my favorite bras are too big now. :grumble:
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    Yep. 36FF at my heaviest, 30DD now. It's unlikely that they will get any smaller. I STILL can't by bras at a regular department store :( I have no desire get down down to a 28 band size. It's already hard enough to find bras.

ebay. ebay. ebay. Amazon.
    If all else fails, Nordstroms.

Many tons of 30DD's in stock
  • BananaFaceFace
    BananaFaceFace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mine definitely shrunk but I used to be an A cup before I gained weight and then they ballooned to a saggy DD :sad:, now after about 2 months of losing they've shrunk to about a C cup. I think its different for everyone and maybe it depends on how big the girls are normally (based on my experience).
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yep, but not too badly.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Boobs are nothing but fatty tissue, they're the first to go :)

Nope, they are breast tissue too, and some people (like myself) have a lot more tissue than fat so they don't go anywhere
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yup! I'm ~15lbs down and went from 34C to 32B.