Stevia

Options
2»

Replies

• Amytrue1
    Amytrue1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Vitacost Liquid Stevia (vitacost.com) for years and find that I like the taste and the 4 oz. bottle lasts a looooong time. It's other ingredients are: vegetable glycerin and deionized water.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    the ions in the water will get you every time!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    ACTUALLY the "cleanest form" would be to order a little stevia plant, and use the leaves, since its hot drinks, the stevia will release is sugars easily, raw leaf stevia has a bit of a liquorice flavor, but you only need like 1/2 of a leaf.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of going for one of these?
    http://www.healthysupplies.co.uk/stevia.html

Can anyone vouch at all? It's just an easier place for me to order from, being the UK and all
    I use a stevia extract in glycerine that I get from my local grocery store (Sprout's farmers markets). It has the store name on the bottle, so I can't help you on brands, but it doesn't have any "natural flavors" listed - just stevia extract, vegetable glycerin and deionized water. I have used this to replace sugar in my coffee for a couple years now.

I'm not sure of the agave suggestion - seems to me that it has a good dose of calories in it because it's full of sugar still. I wouldn't use it as a substitute for sugar if my goal is to reduce my sugar intake.
  • AnsiStar
    AnsiStar Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of going for one of these?
    http://www.healthysupplies.co.uk/stevia.html

Can anyone vouch at all? It's just an easier place for me to order from, being the UK and all
    I use a stevia extract in glycerine that I get from my local grocery store (Sprout's farmers markets). It has the store name on the bottle, so I can't help you on brands, but it doesn't have any "natural flavors" listed - just stevia extract, vegetable glycerin and deionized water. I have used this to replace sugar in my coffee for a couple years now.

I'm not sure of the agave suggestion - seems to me that it has a good dose of calories in it because it's full of sugar still. I wouldn't use it as a substitute for sugar if my goal is to reduce my sugar intake.

That's really great info :) if only we had Sprout's Farmers Markets in the UK hehe
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I get my Stevia from Whole foods Now Better Stevia original liquid extract.It taste great.