measuring cooked noodles etc

Options
What is the best way to do this? Liquid measure or dry? Dry doesn't seem to be enough for me as I feel I will still be hungry? lol

Replies

• blbst36
    blbst36 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Weigh it dry. It's the most accurate measure you will get.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Weigh the portion dry, then weigh it cooked/drained, math.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    As above! Weigh it while it's dry. That's the closest estimate you can get. :)
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ok I will be cooking for my husband and myself and he likes 2nds...so how do I do that? cook mine separate? lol
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Poofersgrl wrote: »
    Ok I will be cooking for my husband and myself and he likes 2nds...so how do I do that? cook mine separate? lol

Weight out 4oz dry, cook, drain/rinse, weigh again, divide in half/quarters/etc, eat.

If 4oz dry makes 9oz cooked, then you just eat the 4.5oz cooked. I usually convert to grams at this point because of the math.

• morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Poofersgrl wrote: »

Weight out 4oz dry, cook, drain/rinse, weigh again, divide in half/quarters/etc, eat.

If 4oz dry makes 9oz cooked, then you just eat the 4.5oz cooked. I usually convert to grams at this point because of the math.

lol "because of math". But I agree!
  • FaithfulJewel
    FaithfulJewel Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend gets around 2 servings of all food I do. So a serving of rice (75g dry) for me, 2 servings for him (150g dry) and then either split it into 3 upon serving (guessing), weigh the drained/cooked weight and divide by 3, or just give your husband a single serving and let him double up on veggies/protein/something easily measurable (bread roll) etc