Options
brinsy
brinsy Posts: 226 Member
Any body tried it?
60oz distilled water
1tb spoon of sugar free cranberry juice
1 dandelion root tea bag
2tb spoon lemon juice
Drink 60 ounces everyday for seven days.

I started it yesterday. It's meant to flush out excess water weight. Don't think it's doing anything for me so far. I would generally drink 2 litres of water everyday anyways

Replies

• butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about trying this. I tend to drink a lot of water anyways though.

Question: how does it taste? lol.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It will just make you pee alot, dandelion root is a diuretic
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of this, its giving me a LOT of acid reflux. Anyone else??
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Any body tried it?
    60oz distilled water
    1 dandelion root tea bag
    2tb spoon lemon juice

I started it yesterday. It's meant to flush out excess water weight. Don't think it's doing anything for me so far. I would generally drink 2 litres of water everyday anyways

What is the purpose of flushing excess water weight? Dont want you want to lose fat?
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Any body tried it?
    60oz distilled water
    1 dandelion root tea bag
    2tb spoon lemon juice

What is the purpose of flushing excess water weight? Dont want you want to lose fat?

To make people feel like they're accomplishing something.
  • parkermegan
    parkermegan Posts: 167
    Options
    Wow, to make dumb people feel good?? Geez.

I get super bloated and uncomfortable during my period like a lot of women. I've found drinking lots of lemon water helps relieve that. When I'm out running on my period the last thing I want is my pants squeezing my bloated belly. I'm sure lots of women can relate.

Be nice.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I got as far as the word 'detox' and then went into automatic brain shut-down.

Dandelion is a diuretic.
    Cranberry is a diuretic.
    Lemon is a diuretic.

So basically what you have there is a whole load of stuff designed to make you pee added to water. Result = you pee.
  • missbea21
    missbea21 Posts: 1
    Options
    Last week I completed the 7 days of this detox. And it worked for me!! My weight would fluctuate every day around the 135-136 range. After taking this, I dropped down to the 130-133 range. Not huge, but for someone like me, who's been having a really hard time loosing any weight, to drop those 5 pounds was a big deal. No bloating or weird feelings. I didn't even really notice a big change in bathroom runs. I would recommend it.
  • Alyssawinter1221
    Options
    I did it. It tastes HORRIBLE. It did nothing for me as far as weight loss.
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Picard-facepalm.jpg

I get super bloated all the time and if it bothers me that much........i just drink more water.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Any body tried it?
    60oz distilled water
    1 dandelion root tea bag
    2tb spoon lemon juice

To make dumb people feel like they're accomplishing something.
    Oh, so you drink it then? :yawn:

Listen, different strokes for different folks, and nobody is dumb.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Any body tried it?
    60oz distilled water
    1 dandelion root tea bag
    2tb spoon lemon juice

^^ That response is completely unnecessary
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    If you are drinking lots of water every day, you are probably not holding much excess. Why drink this instead of plain water? Water weight will go up and down...you may lose an extra pound or two with the diuretic effect, but it will come back on if a few days...so why?
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Any body tried it?
    60oz distilled water
    1 dandelion root tea bag
    2tb spoon lemon juice

It sounds tasty, except for the sugar free cranberry juice, and it certainly will keep you well hydrated. Your body does not need detoxing because it detoxes all by itself. I guarantee you'll tinkle a lot though, and once the seven days is up, the water will flow right back into your system.

So, have you tried it yet? Is it as tasty as it sounds?
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I have tried it, also didn't really notice anything but I never really did for longer than a day or two. I don't think there's any harm in trying though, although it does have a little bit of an odd taste!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Any body tried it?
    60oz distilled water
    1 dandelion root tea bag
    2tb spoon lemon juice

Oh, so you drink it then? :bigsmile:

Well that's just not true. The world is full of dumb people.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    also, as long as you know that you're losing water weight, I see no issue with that. Being/feeling bloated sucks and sometimes it just comes out of nowhere!
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you drink 2 liters of water a day, I think you're good to go without the special Jillian Michaels water.

Also:

1. How can cranberry juice be sugar free? Don't cranberries naturally contain sugar? Or does it just mean "no added sugar"?

2. Why is it called "detox" water if the point is just to flush excess water? Water isn't a toxin, so flushing it out wouldn't really be detoxing.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Any body tried it?
    60oz distilled water
    1 dandelion root tea bag
    2tb spoon lemon juice

Oh, so you drink it then? :bigsmile:

Well that's just not true. The world is full of dumb people.
    Blah. :laugh:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Just drinking water by itself will flush out excess water weight. Water weight is caused by your body not being hydrated enough so it retains water. Therefore, drink plenty of water = get rid of water weight.

The JM recipe does nothing except make the water taste better and more fun to drink. there is nothing special or "detoxifying" about those ingredients. Just another gimmick.

Drink water in general though cause it's good for you.!