Maintenance help

Options
How do I increase calories to maintain? Do I change my weight on here or what? I am 5lbs from goal weight, right now I have it set for still losing weight at .05lbs per week. Once I reach my goal, I want to maintain. I also want to keep doing my workouts. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    you just change your goal from losing 1/2 Lb per week to maintaining your weight. You should already be accounting for your workouts either in your activity level or "eating back" exercise calories as per the MFP method...you do the same thing in maintenance.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    When you reach your goal, reverse dieting is where it's at. I've done it myself (raised my maintenance from 2000 cal/day to 3000 cal/day) and have helped other people do it successfully too. Check out this video (link below) and if you have questions hit me up. I'm always happy to help out.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3gTGLulLnI

Allan
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Once you hit your goal weight, figure out what your maintenance calories are, then increase your daily calories by 100 each week until you get there. That worked well for me, and I know others who have had success doing the same.