Options

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Cheesecake Factory. I gave it 2 shots and both sucked. Never again.

There better be pics incoming of your food. Time to get on point here woman.

I haven't heard good things honestly- and my BF and I don't care for ACTUAL cheesecake anyway- so I can honestly say- I don't think I've EVER been.
    -
    Seriously. ever.

I don't feel deprived thus far.

but yes- pictures. ALL TEH FOODZ

Personal opinion, but there are a couple of dishes that are really good. Most are barely average and a couple are really terrible.

I have the same opinion of the cheesecake, but this is coming from someone who's not a fan of cheesecake, normally. Most of them are average, or way overdone for me - whipped cream on top of chocolate, on top of caramel, on top of nuts, on top of cookies - but a few are really great. And they have a huge selection, so everyone's tastes can be satisfied as long as you have a minimum of 600 cals to spend. And that's on the Splenda version of their plain cheesecake. The rest range from 800-1500 cals per slice.

Good point! I really hope my chocolate cheesecake was closer to 1500 cals!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    1110 cals according to their nutrition chart.

Obviously you needed more nuts, whipped cream or chocolate sauce. I'd get right on that, if I were you ;)
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    missdibs1 wrote: »
    I found it impossible to fit any. Of their cheesecakes into my macros. Esp with the beer. Besides. On my refeeds I choose pizza over cheesecake any day #ilovepizza.

Mmmm...I love pizza too! I can only do the gf pizza and a lot of them are TINY! CPK has a decent sized one, though. Might have one of those tonight.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    How did you eat all that? Didn't you feel sick afterwards?
  • PwrLftr82
    Options

My normal goal is 2700 cals/day, so I was definitely over, but not substantially. I think I had to be rolled out of the restaurant, though.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Anyone else kind of hate food at Cheesecake Factory, TGIFriday's, Applebee's, Chili's, Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, etc.? I feel like it's food for robots. Not like conformists, but literally robots.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    Anyone else kind of hate food at Cheesecake Factory, TGIFriday's, Applebee's, Chili's, Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, etc.? I feel like it's food for robots. Not like conformists, but literally robots.

Dude, not sure of the point. 1. I didn't pick the restaurant, just had to pick some food to go eat there. 2. Sorry your tastes are so refined that you can't eat at a "normal" family chain restaurant.
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    Bwahaha! I wasn't trying to be elitist or anything. Just sharing a random thought I had. Sorry your conscience or whatever has you so defensive that you had to respond that way. Good Friday chuckles...
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    SLHysell wrote: »
    EVERYTHING! Cheesecake Factory is the highest level of temptation. It is the epitome of large-portion awesomeness. Don't cheapen the experience by eating light. Let this be a one-time event and enjoy it to the fullest. Then get back on the plan tomorrow. We don't have a Cheesecake factory within a 4 hour drive of my house. I'm JEALOUS!

What he said ^ ! I have to drive two hours to get to a Cheesecake factory, so when I do, I plan on the calorie counts to go WAY over my daily allocations! Enjoy!
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    I guess in my defense I do enjoy a good beer and burger at Chili's occassionally and wifey and I do enjoy On The Border's happy hour. Do I get to return to the land of normal, or do I remain an outcast in your blue-collar, working class eyes?
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    I guess in my defense I do enjoy a good beer and burger at Chili's occassionally and wifey and I do enjoy On The Border's happy hour. Do I get to return to the land of normal, or do I remain an outcast in your blue-collar, working class eyes?

I'm not blue-collar, and I don't frequent chains often...I just don't think there's anything wrong with them (okay, I admit--I've eaten at an Olive Garden twice and the experience was terrible both times). I will allow you to return to the land of normal, though :p
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options

With her mouth.

Thank you for that oh so informative reply...I never would have guessed she did it with her mouth! :p

I've never been able to stuff myself like that. Yes, I'm fat and have been for years, I didn't get this way eating lettuce for dinner, etc etc etc, but I've never been able to consume that much food in one sitting. It huts my stomach just thinking about it.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

With her mouth.

Thank you for that oh so informative reply...I never would have guessed she did it with her mouth! :p

I've never been able to stuff myself like that. Yes, I'm fat and have been for years, I didn't get this way eating lettuce for dinner, etc etc etc, but I've never been able to consume that much food in one sitting. It huts my stomach just thinking about it.

Man, you would have puked to see my lunch on Saturday. Burger topped with chili, onions, mustard, and french fries plus I split a side of sweet potato fries and an apple pie milkshake with my boyfriend (yes, there was a piece of apple pie blended into the shake along with caramel and granola).

So tasty. And I'm not bulking :sad:
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options

With her mouth.

The day you decide to bulk you'll understand it. The beauty of this particular thread is we love to eat and bulk and lift. We explore and experiment. Praise food. Not like the loads of other threads in the weight gain forum that has turned into endless threads of ED. Bulking is a different mentality. Some can't handle it.

Either way, I don't care to continue this conversation. Have a nice day.

Nope, I'll never bulk.

Don't get me wrong, I love food. I'm a great cook and I love enjoying good meals at good restaurants. I just don't see the point of stuffing myself (with mediocre food, at that) if it only makes me feel sick. Sorry if I offended you.

I don't usually come into the "gaining weight" forum, but the title of the thread caught my eye. You have a lovely day too.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

With her mouth.

Man, you would have puked to see my lunch on Saturday. Burger topped with chili, onions, mustard, and french fries plus I split a side of sweet potato fries and an apple pie milkshake with my boyfriend (yes, there was a piece of apple pie blended into the shake along with caramel and granola).

So tasty. And I'm not bulking :sad:

The only thing that makes me really sad about your post is that they blended a piece of pie into your milkshake. The best part of the pie is the crust, but if you mush it up into a milkshake it disintegrates! :(