"Counting calories is sad"...

Options

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Bang him mom when you reach your goal weight, then tell him that she didn't think it was sad.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Everyone I've told about MFP has ended up joining. None of them log in anymore.
  • VaikeVihm
    Options
    I usually just reply with a quip about something they do being equally as "sad". If they get offended I redirect right back to them. Doesn't feel so good, does it? Shut the *kitten* up.

I've never had anyone comment on the fact I count calories, though.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    When it comes to negativity, all you can really do is ignore ignore ignore.

Or throw poo. You can always throw poo.

It's good to have this as an option.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    My reply in the past has been along the lines of: "You know what's sad? I used to weigh 217 lbs." Watching that sink in is amazing.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    You sure they are a friend?

Semi-certain. He's known for annoying everyone to the point of murder.

Knowing what he is like, why would you give any credence to what he says?

Pick you battles, let this one go, it isn't worth caring about.

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Option 1:
    annoying friend "that's so sad"
    .... look up slowly.

slow blink.

you: "so are you- but I keep you around anyway"

look back down.

Option 2:

>don't look up keep doing what you're doing<
    I fail to see how my actions should illecit any emotion from you what so ever- for all you know I could have been playing candy crush- some how that would have been a more efficient and joyful use of my time???/

Option 3:
    Look up sharply with crazy wide eyes and whisper- looking nervously left and right

But the numbers- the numberss... they speak to me!!!! ssshhhshhhhhs can't you hear them?????

Option 4:
    RKO out of no where?
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I would probably hit him in the throat and, as he gasped for air, tell him that I bet it sucks more to be him, now. But, that's just me.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    My son uses it for tracking his calories and he's in a bulk. He wants to make sure he gets at least 3000 calories a day.

Some people....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'd ask him if he really thought that losing weight would be all unicorns and rainbows. I don't think anyone is happy about having to do it, but you got to do what you got to do.
  • ericalyn73
    Options
    I'd say, "when I want to look like you, I'll eat like you". I have said this to "friends" and I'm sure I will say it again.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    ericalyn73 wrote: »
    I'd say, "when I want to look like you, I'll eat like you". I have said this to "friends" and I'm sure I will say it again.

I would say that but he has scoliosis, so it'd be a bit awkward. I guess he is fairly round though.
  • newjeanbean
    newjeanbean Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Option 1:
    .... look up slowly.

slow blink.

look back down.

Option 2:

I fail to see how my actions should illecit any emotion from you what so ever- for all you know I could have been playing candy crush- some how that would have been a more efficient and joyful use of my time???/

Option 3:
    Look up sharply with crazy wide eyes and whisper- looking nervously left and right

But the numbers- the numberss... they speak to me!!!! ssshhhshhhhhs can't you hear them?????

Hahahahah, yes, this is perfect :-D I like #1
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Option 1:
    .... look up slowly.

slow blink.

look back down.

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 4:
    RKO out of no where?

yes- RKO of of no where- or a throat punch.

Option 5
    annoying person "that's so sad"

... heavy silence

You < oh I'm sorry- i couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am>

I like the that's so sad?... you mean- like your face.

that's a good one.

You're mom jokes are ALWAYS funny.

Anything that reverts back to my fabulous a@@ is usually something I go to as well.

Snark isn't nice- but it usually shuts up ignorant people who don't know when to just keep their opinions to themselves when they weren't asked for in the first place.

Snark first- actual explanations can be saved for people who actually are curious and give a flying fk.
  • sullengirl78
    sullengirl78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bang him mom when you reach your goal weight, then tell him that she didn't think it was sad.

Sounds good to me
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I am finding myself saying this in an exaggerated british accent ala chimps from Madagascar.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I am finding myself saying this in an exaggerated british accent ala chimps from Madagascar.

that's the only way to say it really.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    My mother gave me a handy come back when people say crazy thing. Give a confused look and say "I'm sorry but could you repeat that because I can't believe you would have said anything so rude so I must have misheard you"

This is awesome and perfect! I <3 your mother

• Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yup. It's how I feel when folks here tell other dieters that they're "wrong", being silly, making things too complicated.... for choosing something other than calorie counting. It's rude. I like mfletcher's mom's comeback above.

So true! My friends are generally really supportive of me. They always say that they are glad they don't have to do it though.
  • lilyann001
    lilyann001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Counting calories is not sad. You know what's sad? Firefly got ONE season. That's sad.

Your friend needs to sort out his priorities.

Yes!!!