What Bmi...?

Options
what bmi did you start mantaining your weight? I'm curious because i'm about 23 bmi right now. Did you continue to lose until you felt comfortable or did you have a specific goal in mind?

Replies

• myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Love the avatar text, but FYI it's clipped off.

BMI control started at 28.5, 208# which was a shocking amount that motivated. Now BMI is about 23.4 .

This is a great question. What should the target be, I still don't know. I started with the middle of the "normal BMI" range for my height, and then drifted the goal to my college weight 30 years ago. It feels ok, and definitely feels better than my uncontrolled unmonitored weight.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist told me I should maintain at a BMI of 21 to 22.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I started at ~29.5, I am currently at 26.5. I honestly don't really use BMI as an indicator of my final goal. If I ever reach my ultimate weight goal, my BMI would be 24. If I never get there I am fine with the idea of being classified as "overweight" by BMI standards as long as I feel good, feel strong, am active, and overall feel healthy.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Love the avatar text, but FYI it's clipped off.

op has deactivated - maybe its true
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    20, I'm short and have a small frame tho
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    BMI 24/ 5ft 2.25" /45 yrs - I'm not sure bmi is a great unit to use - I'm 14lbs heavier than I was at my lightest when in my 20's... I've never been fitter than I am currently and have smaller measurements than when I was lighter so bmi doesn't mean that much to me for that reason.