All right, protein powder poll?

Options
2»

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    I personally am a fan of the Cellucor cinnamon swirl. Bb.com usually most of the time has the bogo or the b2g1 deals. I usually purchase the 2 lb containers so I can get 2 or 3 different options. I have the Cellucor sores also, which is pretty good also.
    Unfortunately bb.com won't ship the bogo deals here to Canada as the customs office won't allow more then 90 days worth of supplements into the country ... Sucks for sure.
    Oh okay. I was not aware of that. Does suck.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This is the stuff Costco sells here in Canada, I just got lucky at a liquidation place and got 4.4 lbs of 100% whey Isolate for $18...g4qyugy6si7m.jpg

ok i totally have to go and check some liquidation places now, good score!

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I've tried Trutein, and I love it. They raised their prices, so I tried ON whey, and I'm not a huge fan. I have a friend who also loved Trutein and then tried musclepharm's combat protein, and she says it puts trutein to shame. I may give that a try next time. It's just about as pricey as trutein, but after the ON mishap, I'm willing to pay more for something I really enjoy as opposed to something I have to make myself drink.
  • jaquelynny
    jaquelynny Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I've tried Trutein, and I love it. They raised their prices, so I tried ON whey, and I'm not a huge fan. I have a friend who also loved Trutein and then tried musclepharm's combat protein, and she says it puts trutein to shame. I may give that a try next time. It's just about as pricey as trutein, but after the ON mishap, I'm willing to pay more for something I really enjoy as opposed to something I have to make myself drink.

i like muscle pharm combat, but it depends on the flavor. i got mint choc chip-it was good and minty and chocolaty but its a strong flavor you really have to love mint/chocolate or have an alternative
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I buy North Coast Naturals 100% Iso Whey Protein from SVNCanada.

https://www.svncanada.com/list-north-coast-naturals.php

bed439r0u3om.png
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    I buy North Coast Naturals 100% Iso Whey Protein from SVNCanada.

https://www.svncanada.com/list-north-coast-naturals.php
    This is also my favourite brand
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    jaquelynny wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »

i like muscle pharm combat, but it depends on the flavor. i got mint choc chip-it was good and minty and chocolaty but its a strong flavor you really have to love mint/chocolate or have an alternative

Ooh, I love chocolate mint, so I might be all over that. And I always have two flavors on hand so I can mix things up. I'm weird like that. :smile:
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I go to Walmart and buy the $17 bottles of the 5 Star whey powder. Add in creatine and chocolate soy milk. Gets the job done. It's a supplement not the foundation of my diet. For convenience I buy the 11oz. EAS Carb control pre-made and have that before and after the gym because quick.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    montervamazone.jpg
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    amybg1 wrote: »
    When I bought the stuff I went local (prefer my protein from food as much as possible) if you're looking for online though, have you looked into FitShop? Tried a few brands personally like ALLMax

I had an Allmax one before and omg it was hoooorrible, so gritty and gross! Maybe different flavours work better :p
  • ana3067
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the rest of the recommendations! Will be checking stuff out :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I have never tried actual protein powder. BUT I did order a jar of PB2 to add to my smoothies... so that should add protein and flavor. :D
  • ana3067
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I have never tried actual protein powder. BUT I did order a jar of PB2 to add to my smoothies... so that should add protein and flavor. :D

I read this as you add an entire jar to your smoothies LOL. I've never tried this stuff though, I am curious to try it some day!