How do you calculate the calories burned on exercies dvd

Options
jah1360
jah1360 Posts: 98 Member
edited November 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
A couple of week ago I bought
Start! Walking At Home with Leslie Sansone: Beginner/Intermediate - 1 & 2 Mile Walk Leslie Sansone to use this winter when I can't walk outside becuse of snow and ice. I tried the 20 min 1 mile walk a couple time and liked it. Now I would like to know how to is the best way to est. calorie burn. The couple of time I use the dvd so far I did not log cal burn for it becuse I had enough calorie from my walking early in the in the day. I use mapmyfitness to track my walking. I'm thinking about this winter when this my be my prime exericies. I'm only 4'5 and 1200 cal a day, so most day I eat back part but not all my exercise calrories.

Thanks
Jodi

Replies

• Grecoka
    Options
    I also bought a couple Leslie Sansone videos for when I can't walk outside, and I find that I prefer them now because I know I put in more effort to them. I track my calories by calculating the mph for the walk x the number of minutes walked. For example, for her basic walks, she says she does 1 mile in 15 minutes. 15x4=60, so that's a 4 mph pace. If I did 2 of those mile segments, I would record 30 min of a 4 mph walk. For her more advanced videos, she does 1 mile in 12 minutes, so by the same logic, that's a 5 mph pace.

Hope that helps.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Classify it as walking, like the other responder said. Other types of videos can be logged as Calisthenics.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I log her DVDs as aerobics because of all the other moves you do besides walking.
  • jah1360
    jah1360 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks you all for your information come a another few weeks I know I need the dvd, since I am not going to be doing other dvd I will count it as walking.
    thanks again
    Jodi