The Man Boob struggle

Options
Anyone else out there struggling to vanquish their man boobs? I can't be the only one. Anyone out there succeed in eliminating their boobage?

My personal man boob struggle has been life long, and I'm pretty sure it's genetic. My maternal grandfather had some pretty serious boobage, but was a WW2 vet and in good shape otherwise, and when I was thinner (though definitely not thin) I still had man boobs. I've always been self-conscious about them, and even as I lose weight and gain muscle, they just kind of get perkier and fuller. Like... I guess I'll settle for nice man boobs?

Let's commiserate about our man boobs. Share you man boob stories.

Replies

• TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Sheesh.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    HA HA....
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jeff, and I have Man boobs lol.

I was convinced I needed surgery to get rid of them. With patience and dedication, you can get to where you want to be. But for me... I honestly do need to get pretty low BF% before I personally am convinced they are gone. like I will start seeing pretty good ab definition well before the moobs are gone.

the other craptastic thing is that whats last to come off is basically first to come back on. So if you hit a rut they can rear their ugly heads again fairly quickly.

its possible, keep reaching for that masculine star lol, you'll get there.

Oh, and yes of course genetics has everything to do with it.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i also have nice feminine love handles if that makes you feel any better lol
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    I don't mind my man boobs too much... but they do bother me when I twerk and they hit me in the face...
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've had them since I was in highschool and they have always bothered me. It wasn't till the last few years, that I realized it was a biological condition.

The only thing I've been able to do is a lot of upper chest exercise to blend them in.

Everytime I watch the end of Dodge Ball, when he's sitting on the couch singing about his milk shake, I just cringe on the inside and roll on the floor on the outside.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hey could be worse. I worked with a guy who had very womanly shaped hips. We might have called him b*tch hips....
  • Dra0i
    Dra0i Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    Hey could be worse. I worked with a guy who had very womanly shaped hips. We might have called him b*tch hips....

Lol (*)
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    So it's only sexy if they are spray tanned, oiled, and you can make them dance?!?
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    gynecomastia?

Possibly however,

Just like women, you can't pick and choose where your body will lose its fat.
    Compression shirts and lowering body fat overall should reduce the appearance of said moobs
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've found if I don't wear pasties, people don't notice as much! The blend.

Sorry couldn't resist.
  • CrusaderSam
    CrusaderSam Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Depending on what kind of man boob you have, you can get them fixed for about 2-6k. Not cheep, but not that bad if you save up for it over a few months while you diet.
  • trungalung
    Options
    Just bring your body fat low enough and it MAY disappear. I'm at 14% and there's still a little bit left (they bounce when I jump. FML). Hopefully, they'll be gone when I get to 12%.
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel (see profile pic) just keep leaning up and then when you hit a good bf % start building up the muscle in your chest to fill them out. My opinion anyways.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    My plan is to get down to single digit body fat% before I call my moobs a hormone imbalance. I hate them and it is my main goal for weight loss.
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't mind my man boobs too much... but they do bother me when I twerk and they hit me in the face...

I almost choked on my morning coke when I read this. Note to self: you never know when something will literally make you laugh out loud.
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The eternal struggle. I, too, have the perky and rather nice moobs, but they're fading.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Mine does not seem bad vs other areas of my body. It is nice knowing that the moobs enter the room first vs the gut.