Trying to lose 70lbs. Anybody else with similar goal?

Options
ebhrivera193
ebhrivera193 Posts: 11 Member
edited November 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Hello you guys! My name is Erick. I'm 21 yrs young and I weigh 225lbs. I am 5'7 and used to weigh 260lbs. After high school I sort of let go of myself and I reached the heaviest weight I've ever been. When I climbed that scale....it was an eye opening experience! Aside from the fright I began to experience the first hints of diabetes. Both my parents are rather young in their later 40s and already have type 2. It literally runs in my family! I slowly began to change my eating habbits and I lost 35lbs. Now I've gotten more motivated and realized I can handle it. I've joined myfitnesspal and seen plenty success stories and I'm eager to make my own very soon.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Hi Erick! I dropped 110.....23 to go. You can add me!
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    It's great that you're seeing such success making changes to your food choices Erick! ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi Erick, welcome to M.F.P. My stories about the same as yours. I'm 23 years old hoping to loose around 80 pounds total.

I too let myself go after high school. One day 6 months ago I couldn't fit into a pair of jeans I recently bought and came to the realization that I would need to buy a size 40 pants. That was my breaking point. That same day I opened my account on M.F.P. Its been a long 6 months, but I've been able to stay on track. I'm already down 50 pounds and hope to reach my goal weight by January.

Feel free to add me.