2»

Replies

• octhawk
    octhawk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    chgodvr wrote: »
    octhawk wrote: »
    jaquelynny wrote: »
    cottage cheese mixed with almonds and sugar free pudding mix, greek yogurt with natural pb or pb2, make your own protein bars look at jamie eason recipes or protein pow

What's pb2?

PB2 is a peanut butter powder you can get at places like GNC. It has about 85% less fat than peanut butter ~45 calories for every 2 tbsp and 5 g of protein. It is a good flavor enhancer for yogurt, protein shakes, etc.

Thanks for the info! I'd never heard of this
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    octhawk wrote: »
    jaquelynny wrote: »
    cottage cheese mixed with almonds and sugar free pudding mix, greek yogurt with natural pb or pb2, make your own protein bars look at jamie eason recipes or protein pow

What's pb2?

It's peanut flour that they've repackaged as a "diet food" so they can charge more for it.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    :open_mouth: That message wasn't directed at me, but thank you for that nugget of information! I never knew peanut flour existed! I've just placed an order for Protein Plus Peanut Flour, which is 110 calories for 30g, and has 16 grams of protein per serving. Seeing as it is that I don't enjoy sweet stuff, and I'm always struggling to meet my protein requirements, this certainly can help. (*)
  • RibStabsHeart
    RibStabsHeart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried using almond flour instead of peanut flour a la PB2? My daughter has a peanut allergy, so there's no peanuts in the house, but if almond flour is a good flavor/protein booster, I may have to give that a try!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    2% cottage cheese
    Almonds
    Peanut butter
    99% lean ground turkey, rice and beans with some sriracha
    beef jerky
    Baked chicken breast
    Tilapia (heavily spiced, fish taco style, is my favorite)
    Canned tuna (in moderation)
    Really, most seafood is going to be fairly lean and definitely high protein, especially shrimp and scallops
    whey protein powder
    smoothies with protein powder, yogurt, almond milk, berries, spinach (I think they're great all around, but the whey certainly helps protein content)
    Nonfat, plain Greek yogurt (chobani wins for protein)
    Lentils
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Quest bars
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    pork breakfast sausages. If you fry up a whole package, you can divy them out in baggies for several snacks over the course of the week. Or just add them to your meals. I had 3 with my eggs this morning, and 3 more added with my sauteed veggies, shirataki noode stirfry... when you look for a quick protein and don't always want a longer cooking time, it helps to have the whole batch cooked ahead and waiting to be added to recipes.

Protein shakes, with almond milk (and I always throw a banana in mine... ) my addiction...

greek yogurt - yoplait has a 100 calorie kind that is very tasty.
    -
    - creamcheese on celery sticks. (a bit of variety from Peanutbutter covered celery)
    -
    - deli ham ... a few slices cuts any salt cravings you might have... roll them up and bite. :)
    -
    - shrimp (pre-cooked shrimp plate) - one lb version sometimes on sale for $6. comes with dipping sauce. and such a good treat.
    -
    - bacon - cook up a pack ahead - and warm in microwave when you want a quick fix. The added fat, and saltiness helps to control appetite too.

And of course drink your water. It helps to satiate as much as the food does.