The horrors of how the McRib is made

Options
The_Enginerd
The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
edited November 2014 in Food and Nutrition
I really want one right now in my mouth.
edit: I'm a little sad to see this is what Grant Imahara has been reduced to after Mythbusters cut the B team.

Replies

• jagi410
    jagi410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think I just drooled a little bit.
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Thanks for the post.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Add in some nitrates, and that's basically how I make my dried sausages.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,407 Member
    Options
    Off topic, I was so pissed Mythbusters did that, and not even with an awesome send-off episode, but just "Oh and by the way, goodbye folks".

(I may or may not have every episode ever aired, minus 5 or 6, DVR'ed)
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Still a big processed pork mess with a bunch of preservatives thrown in. I had one of these the last time that they said it was going away for good. Tasted like every trash meat sandwich that I'd ever had. McDonalds should be embarrassed to call this thing BBQ but I guess what can you expect from a fast food place that sells every kind of meat under the sun. Next they'll be making ostrich, emu, deer, turkey and buffalo burgers and screwing those up too.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    The McRib is bomb. I wish the Arch Deluxe would come back, that was my favorite burger in the brief time that McDonald's had it on their menu. I take it that most customers didn't feel the same way, lol.

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Loved the McDonald's Pizza back in the day!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I remember when they first brought this out our school managed to find knock offs of them. Except they really managed to kill them with cut rate bbq sauce. On a side note i think mythbusters lost alot of fans when they cut the team like that.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    The McRib is bomb. I wish the Arch Deluxe would come back, that was my favorite burger in the brief time that McDonald's had it on their menu. I take it that most customers didn't feel the same way, lol.

The Arch Deluxe was the best!!! I worked there back when they had it, and it was super popular.
    I loved it, so I suppose it's for the best they don't have it anymore. Lol
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    rowlandsw wrote: »
    I remember when they first brought this out our school managed to find knock offs of them. Except they really managed to kill them with cut rate bbq sauce. On a side note i think mythbusters lost alot of fans when they cut the team like that.

Yeah, I'm still wondering why they did that? Maybe it had something to do with the cannonball incident and insurance coverage? Who knows, but he show isn't going to be the same without them. I watched the show from the beginning and like it with just Jamie and Adam but loved it when they brought on the assistants, even the heavily tattooed girl that was on their originally but was replaced. Not sure if the show is ever going to be the same now.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Off topic, I was so pissed Mythbusters did that, and not even with an awesome send-off episode, but just "Oh and by the way, goodbye folks".

(I may or may not have every episode ever aired, minus 5 or 6, DVR'ed)

Ha, I know right! It was like they were doing an obituary and they had died in a plane crash on the way to a site or something. I would have loved to have been behind the scenes of that break off.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Save the redhead, save the world.
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    I wish the Arch Deluxe would come back, that was my favorite burger in the brief time that McDonald's had it on their menu. I take it that most customers didn't feel the same way, lol.

The Arch Deluxe was the best!!! I worked there back when they had it, and it was super popular.
    I loved it, so I suppose it's for the best they don't have it anymore. Lol

The Arch Deluxe was my favorite thing they've ever had too! I was so surprised when they got rid of it. I'm glad they did though, I haven't had a reason to go to McDonald's in years. :)