Chicken wing measurements

Options
Hello all, really quick question here:
Measuring chicken wings for calorie counting purposes. In the database, the ones I eat are there, but listed by calories/ounce (the stop and shop 1st and second wing joint). One serving is 4 OZ. What's up with the bones? Or is it 4oz including bone?
Thank you!

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Oh, how funny to see this here...I JUST had exactly this question tonight! (To myself, I mean. I didn't post it.)

Anyway, I just measured bone-in. I figured unless they specifically said boneless, they must have meant with the bone.

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    it should be without. I wanted to try a wings recipe and didn't know the answer either so I emailed Foster Farms (the brand of my wings) and they said their nutrition info on the packaging is for the edible portion only, excluding bones.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    https://fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/generic/chicken-wing-skin-eaten?portionid=5270&portionamount=4.000

There are 173 calories in 4 ounces, with bone of cooked Chicken Wing (Skin Eaten).
    Calorie breakdown: 62% fat, 0% carbs, 38% protein.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    it should be without. I wanted to try a wings recipe and didn't know the answer either so I emailed Foster Farms (the brand of my wings) and they said their nutrition info on the packaging is for the edible portion only, excluding bones.

Ugh, I wish I had known that. I would have eaten more. :blush: Ah well, onward and upward, there are leftovers...tomorrow...four chicken wings.

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question?