120 days in, 41 pounds down. Still a work in progress (pic)

Options
_whatsherface
_whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
edited November 2014 in Success Stories
I think I've started and ended my journey 3 other times in the past, but this time it's really sticking and I couldn't be more proud of how far I've come so far.
I started out weighing 318. I was home on summer break for work and literally just asked myself, "What are you going to do all summer long? Sit around and get fat?" Uh, no. That wasn't an option. I was already 318. The highest I've ever seen on a scale. In fact I was 318 when I started my last journey on MFP and successfully lost 30 pounds! Then of course, I figured I looked a lot better and I didn't need to watch what I was eating so much and gave up on logging. I then had a baby, had the mommas guilt of leaving him to go work out, etc. During the summer I realized I could go work out and take him with me too. They offer kid care, why not?! So since then, it's all just stuck with me. I have no more cravings for fast food (my biggest trigger) and I understand my body and what I need to do.

Today I am 41 pounds lighter on my 120 day anniversary on MFP. Putting me at 277 (Heck I'm 10 pounds away from being lighter than my Husband which has never happened in the entire 7 years we've been together). I also don't remember ever being this small! I'm gunning for 10 more by Christmas putting me at a 50 pound loss. Ultimately I'd like to see myself weigh 220 or even 200 but who knows If I'll want to even stop there?!

This site and these forums really help motivate me. What really gets me going is that one question I always ask myself, "Why not?" Seriously, why not?! And why ever sabotage all the hard work I've put in thus far?

Thanks for listening to me go on and on. You'll see me at the 60 lb mark I'm sure and then again at 100! B)

P.S. Please excuse my creeper face. I promise I don't look like that all the time (;

xX7zk9Y.jpg

Replies

• anumalikhan87
    anumalikhan87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi !! :) I AM SOOO proud of you. My name is Anum and i started my weight loss journey 2 years ago! i went from 260 to 200... and i am sturggling with my last 60 . i would love to be 140 that is my ideal. after hearing your story, it gave me so much inspiration. i was hoping , if you could give me some tips. even check out my meal progress.. i feel all over the place and i can not seem to drop from 200. i feel like giving up :(
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Congrats!!
  • _whatsherface
    Options
    Don't give up friend! Sure!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Awesome job you can definitely see a change.
  • zenner22
    zenner22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look wonderful. Good job! I wish I had taken some before pictures, but I always refused to get photographed. Now I've lost 20 lbs and I can't compare pics.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep up the good work :)
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • mikieelmo
    Options
    :) Great job!
  • _whatsherface
    Options
    That's okay zen. I never measured lol. Thanks guys!
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Lookin good, sister :)
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    What a great positive attitude-really see the difference keep us posted look forward to it
  • _whatsherface
    Options
    :D Thanks for all the support!!!
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well and it shows :) I too lost weight on here (65 lbs) then had a baby and gained it back plus some (I have a hypothyroidism) now I'm at 26 lbs lost so just wanted to say thanks for sharing your story, very inspirational!
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Can definitely tell a difference.
  • dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think I've started and ended my journey 3 other times in the past, but this time it's really sticking and I couldn't be more proud of how far I've come so far.
    I started out weighing 318. I was home on summer break for work and literally just asked myself, "What are you going to do all summer long? Sit around and get fat?" Uh, no. That wasn't an option. I was already 318. The highest I've ever seen on a scale. In fact I was 318 when I started my last journey on MFP and successfully lost 30 pounds! Then of course, I figured I looked a lot better and I didn't need to watch what I was eating so much and gave up on logging. I then had a baby, had the mommas guilt of leaving him to go work out, etc. During the summer I realized I could go work out and take him with me too. They offer kid care, why not?! So since then, it's all just stuck with me. I have no more cravings for fast food (my biggest trigger) and I understand my body and what I need to do.

Today I am 41 pounds lighter on my 120 day anniversary on MFP. Putting me at 277 (Heck I'm 10 pounds away from being lighter than my Husband which has never happened in the entire 7 years we've been together). I also don't remember ever being this small! I'm gunning for 10 more by Christmas putting me at a 50 pound loss. Ultimately I'd like to see myself weigh 220 or even 200 but who knows If I'll want to even stop there?!

This site and these forums really help motivate me. What really gets me going is that one question I always ask myself, "Why not?" Seriously, why not?! And why ever sabotage all the hard work I've put in thus far?

Thanks for listening to me go on and on. You'll see me at the 60 lb mark I'm sure and then again at 100! B)

P.S. Please excuse my creeper face. I promise I don't look like that all the time (;

xX7zk9Y.jpg

You're doing amazing, and the progress you've made is outstanding!
    We will lose that additional 10 by Christmas! I love reading your updates on the app.
    You look amazing! We're gonna look awesome for Christmas photos with our families lol!
    Always here rooting for you my friend!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Ha you look GREAT, and I get creeper face taking selfies that like, too, so no worries :)
  • weight_in_vain
    weight_in_vain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know there is weight loss after a setback! Glad you didn't give up! Keep up the good work
  • 150ish
    150ish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!!
  • jesspeck21
    jesspeck21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great progess
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!