metabolism diet

Options
Has anyone heard of the Food Lovers Diet Plan? It is suppose to boost your metbolism. Will I be wasting my money?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    All one needs to do to lose weight is eat at a caloric deficit.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Similar to the SeeFood diet.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Save your funds
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    donahm01 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of the Food Lovers Diet Plan? It is suppose to boost your metbolism. Will I be wasting my money?
    It's a fad. Food does not boost your metabolism, but it does nourish and fuel your body.

Just eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    donahm01 wrote:
    Has anyone heard of the Food Lovers Diet Plan? It is suppose (sic) to boost your metbolism. Will I be wasting my money?
    Don't pay anyone for a "diet plan", unless you're severely overweight (morbidly obese) &/or have a medical condition such that eating normal amounts of normal foods would be unhealthy for you.
    Then if you do need specialized help, go to a dietician, not some fad diet on the internet.

Eat what you like, in normal portions, stay under your calorie goal (10x your healthy goal weight), exercise at least 30 min/day, rarely eat back any exercise calories, and you'll have a sustainable life change that will lead to losing weight.

51637601.png
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

MKEgal wrote: »
    donahm01 wrote:
    Has anyone heard of the Food Lovers Diet Plan? It is suppose (sic) to boost your metbolism. Will I be wasting my money?
    Don't pay anyone for a "diet plan", unless you're severely overweight (morbidly obese) &/or have a medical condition such that eating normal amounts of normal foods would be unhealthy for you.
    Then if you do need specialized help, go to a dietician, not some fad diet on the internet.

Eat what you like, in normal portions, stay under your calorie goal (10x your healthy goal weight), exercise at least 30 min/day, rarely eat back any exercise calories, and you'll have a sustainable life change that will lead to losing weight.
    The bold part is incorrect. While it might work for the you, it certainly is not a model for everyone.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    donahm01 wrote: »

One benefit of a diet like that is that you do not have to think things through. It tells you what to eat. Go ahead and do it if that kind of thing works for you.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    buzz words like "boost, detox , metabolism boost, weight loss pill drink , diet" steer clear if something is that good they wouldn't need to use buzz words to sell it people would look awesome itd be global and sold out and the world would all be skinny!!!!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm really starting to hate the word "metabolism." Stop trying to make weight loss more complicated than it is. Losing weight isn't easy, but it is simple, and you don't need some miracle diet to do it.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Yes. Complete waste of money. Diets are, except for the 'eat less than normal' diet. It involves eating whatever you want but just a bit less than normal so that you lose weight.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Cheaper food lover plan:
    Eat food you enjoy
    Log this food accurately and honestly
    Maintain a reasonable calorie deficit
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    many people just starting out on a weight loss and/or health improvement regimen need and could use more structure than simply being told to eat in a caloric deficit. For us who have been doing it for awhile, we understand that only a caloric deficit is required. However, for the beginner, following a detailed plan can be useful. I do not know anything about this particular plan, but finding a detailed plan to get started should not automatically be discounted. OP...read...learn...experiment...find your TDEE, start tracking and logging everything you eat and have patience. Good Luck.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Baked Bean and Cabbage Diet! I haven't lost any weight, but I have lost all my friends.
    Let's do this? :o
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    zachbonner wrote: »
    you can't boost your metabolism

Sure you can. You can move more or get fatter
    no

actually getting fatter and weighing more can increase RMR.