Guys in Speedos: The Contoversy Revisited

Options
2»

Replies

• Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Bleh. Teenage girls may or may not have questionable taste!! :) I am so not into speedos. They always remind me of this one guy I used to see at a lakeside state park I went to frequently as a kid. He was one of those people who was obsessed with natural tanning. . . he was Caucasian but had sun-tanned to be super brown, was quite hairy, and not in very good shape. And he wore a speedo. EW!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    ... and I don't even know if I have a bathing suit that fits any more. lol. I'll get a new one next spring I guess. My fatgirl swimdress probably would just flap around me any more. I still want a swimdress thing with a skirt though. Just a couple sizes smaller.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    You mean that when a man has an athletic physique some women prefer to see more of him in speedos rather than less in board shorts?

tom-daly-speedo-diving-practice-07272012-11.jpg

You mean not all women think the same? Come off it.

I wasn't born yesterday...

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm a swimmer. Speedos are just what swimmers wear. *shrugs*
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I'm a swimmer. Speedos are just what swimmers wear. *shrugs*

For performance reasons, not necessarily for looks.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Meh, whatever. It's just skin and body parts.
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    zillie77 wrote: »
    Oh, Lordie, I stopped the conversation cold with that last remark!

Crack me up!!!!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

GracieB5 wrote: »
    We know the old conversation. Girls and women always say they don't like speedos on guys.
    However, as was was musing over the now past summer of 2014, I took note of something.
    At the swimming pools I went to, I observed that every time there was a guy wearing a speedo (assuming he had a decent physique--not a tubbo), the teenage girls at the pool were without exception gathered at that end of the pool. If he was practicing his dives, the girlies would be doing their foot spashing and chatting at the diving end of the pool.
    Am I imagining things? I think not. I am a reasonable objective person.
    So, what is it girls and ladies?
    And you guys, what is your commentary on this subject?

63328-Netti-pot-cat-combined-gif-Poo-oIxr.gif
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    People should dress appropriately for their body types. Yes, you should feel comfortable, but if you also want to look your best, then know when to cover up. I wouldn't wear a bikini because it doesn't look good on me.

Also, some guys really like to show off their junk. Some speedo-wearers are creepily exhibitionistic. Ew.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    While I do like to look nice, I hardly think it is someone else's responsibility to suit my aesthetic tastes. In fact, I find that idea pretty obnoxious.

Women get crammed into that Protean bed way too often. I say we break it entirely and torture no-one with it.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    GracieB5 wrote: »
    We know the old conversation. Girls and women always say they don't like speedos on guys.
    However, as was was musing over the now past summer of 2014, I took note of something.
    At the swimming pools I went to, I observed that every time there was a guy wearing a speedo (assuming he had a decent physique--not a tubbo), the teenage girls at the pool were without exception gathered at that end of the pool. If he was practicing his dives, the girlies would be doing their foot spashing and chatting at the diving end of the pool.
    Am I imagining things? I think not. I am a reasonable objective person.
    So, what is it girls and ladies?
    And you guys, what is your commentary on this subject?

wow... I'm not sure what you were looking for by starting this topic but the denigration of men in this thread is a bit much.

Speedos should be banned? illegal? Along with banning 'old men' and hairy men from swimming?

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Speedos...Gods answer to the age old mystery...

...."You seem NICE and all, and yer sure a smoothtalker but how big is yer junk?"
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Speedos are swimwear, so it's fine. A good looking guy will still be good looking whether he's wearing board shorts or jammers or a speedo or whatever. The main thing is to make sure your bathing suit FITS.

Also maybe I'm weird but when it comes to swimmers I find guys shoulders/back super sexy compared to how they look in their suit. O.o