Should I...

Options
up my calories? 5'9, teenager, been eating around 1700-800 cals w/ 5000-8000 steps a day and school. Now I am doing the blogilates calendar and it realy tires me and I feel a change!!!
As what should I log my activity level w/ around 1/2h blogilates a day?

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    if you can get the doohickey that measures your steps to measure your blogilates calendar burnt cals put all that info into a Tdee tool like fitness frog to find out how many cals you should have.

or input it here in exercise diary for your new cal goal.
  • sonemoso
    sonemoso Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So could I put lightly sedentary in my TDEE? I really don't want to go LOADS over my maintenance intake but still tone
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    A teenager needs more calories than the typical adult, because you're still growing. If you're feeling worn out, that's an indication that you need to eat more, or have a vitamin deficiency, or could be something else. If you're a student talk to your parents, your school counselor, etc. - maybe get a checkup just to be careful.

For nutrition in general, make sure you're getting plenty of protein, fruits & veggies, whole grains and healthy fats. I don't know about the fitness program you mention - but 8k steps a day is probably lightly active. Or at least midway between sedentary and lightly active.
  • sonemoso
    sonemoso Posts: 41 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    OK. I'm not trying to restrict myself or anything like that. Are there calculators for teens?