Here I go again

Options
Hi everyone. Over the past 2 years, my life has changed dramatically. My 25 year relationship ended which took a terrible toll on me and my children. I lost 35 pounds, mainly from throwing up and having no appetite. My focus was on my 3 amazing kids and that's the only thing that got me through the bad times. As always, things turned around, and now I am a different person. I have an amazing man in my life and for the first time, I really know what happy is. I have gained back 10 pounds and don't want to start back down the road of unhealthy eating and not exercising. Losing weight made me feel great about my body for the first time in my life. I want to keep losing, staying fit, and eating healthy. Hope there are some folks out there who are willing to support me through this.

Replies

• MarySH1969
    Options
    Same here, My marriage ended after 17 yrs that was almost 7 yrs ago now, but now I have a great man, didn't know I could be this happy! I was loosing weight when my marriage ended now I'm gaining, comfortable? happy? lol
    anyway, I'm starting to get it together for ME, and I will be here to help u thru too!
    Any motivation helps :smile:
  • digitalcanuck
    digitalcanuck Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp and congrats to both of you. Isn't it great when we start doing things for ourselves!

IMHO lifestyle changes are the best way to work towards your strongest healthiest self and provides fantastic results for the long haul.

I won't wish you good luck because you both are going to do awesome. If you need any support, just add me. Making connections is a great way to keep on track.

Lisa
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome and glad you not only survived but thrived.
    Now that other things are in order, lets keep you Healthy!!!!!
    Working out and eating right!
    Feel free to friend me if you're looking for friends.
    I as divorced many years ago, but we were together for 16 years.... its tough.
  • Ringo1812
    Ringo1812 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same here. My marriage ended after 21 yrs. I never met anyone like you ladies have but that's ok to. Discovered I could be very happy with just me and friends. Have never felt alone so I guess we are all different. The financial part is what put the lbs on me. 3 young teens, working full time in a high stress career. Got through it though and have 3 pretty normal good adult children and now retired working when I want to work and now time for myself. Funny how it all works out in the end..