What is the Hardest Workout You Ever Did?

Options
13»

Replies

• TanyaLafley
    TanyaLafley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a boot camp workout right now. Hands down the hardest thing I have ever done.
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Labor / delivery.
    It has all of what y'all are describing - pain, sweat, buckling legs, hitting the wall, marathon time expending energy, passing out.

51637601.png

Please wear a HRM for your next spawn delivery I want to know how many calories this burns!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Labor / delivery.
    It has all of what y'all are describing - pain, sweat, buckling legs, hitting the wall, marathon time expending energy, passing out.

51637601.png
    Well, if we're talking about self imposed pain/ med pain.

I walked two miles with testicular torsion caused by trauma. I can haz cookie now.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Walking 100 yards after open heart surgery.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Giving birth, for sure.

Swimming a mile without having worked up to it, really. I lifted myself out of the pool, but needed help getting to standing...then I ate a lot and slept. It was dumb, but I was a young teen.

Running. And I've just started.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say... A lot of workouts are really hard, but get easier as you do them more. I think pole has been the most challenging for me. I'm not gargling my heart or anything like that, but it's really bloody painful (I'm talking bruises, broken skin, and blisters painful) and you can struggle for a long, long time with moves before you get them, which can be really demoralising.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Did a leg workout with a trainer who was sadistic.

Leg press
    Squats
    Half-squats
    Calf raises
    Farmers walks
    Deadlifts
    Leg curls
    Hamstring curls

All with heavy weight (5 reps max for 3 sets) and ZERO rest in between. In between each set he would have me do 30 high knees, jump down and do 50 bicycle crunches, roll over and do a plank for 1 minute then get up and do another set.

That is 1,200 bicycle crunches incase anyone didn't want to do the math.

I threw up twice (once on myself driving home) after that workout and laid in bed sick all night. Honestly opened my eyes to the dangers of overtraining and using common sense. I should have said no or stopped but I didnt. Quite frankly I'm lucky I didn't get rhabdomyolysis.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    sounds like a not very smart trainer to me. Why 1200 bicycle crunches?!?!? There are so many more effective exercises. Also seriously that is a dumb workout. You could go heavier and be way more effective if you actually rested between sets. That's definitely way over training and I am an overtrainer so that says a lot
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    sounds like a not very smart trainer to me. Why 1200 bicycle crunches?!?!? There are so many more effective exercises. Also seriously that is a dumb workout. You could go heavier and be way more effective if you actually rested between sets. That's definitely way over training and I am an overtrainer so that says a lot

He pretty much knocked my "plan" that I'd been doing alone for 6 months because it's a "generic body building plan" and I "wouldn't get to lower body fat percentages" unless my plan was "higher intensity" focusing on a consistently "elevated heart rate".

I was prepping for a bikini show and was 17%BF. I don't think the bicycles were anything special other than making me consistently in the 180's on my HRM.

• carolyn000000
    carolyn000000 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I take a Spartan training class- At least once a month I come home and say it was the hardest class ever. So far I have only done the Spartan Sprint but am looking to the Super and the Beast to complete the Trifecta.