30 day shred

Options
I'm seeing some posts for Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred, and I just wanted to inquire about that.

For those of you who have done it, or are doing it, do you like it? Do you think it's effective? I checked out some reviews online and most people have been happy with their results. Any opinions here? I'd be interested in building my cardio, as well as toning up, and it looks like she covers those areas.

Replies

• brimingus
    brimingus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's great for building endurance. I started 30 Day Shred after about 4 years of being inactive (not exercising). It killed me the first few days but I got better. It's a great starting point, but by the end I was bored as h*ll! You get used to the workouts about halfway through (5 days in) which I didn't really like by the time I got to level 2.

I lost inches, not pounds, but I'm not upset about that. It was a great place for me to start and the cardio is great!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    brimingus wrote: »
    It's great for building endurance. I started 30 Day Shred after about 4 years of being inactive (not exercising). It killed me the first few days but I got better. It's a great starting point, but by the end I was bored as h*ll! You get used to the workouts about halfway through (5 days in) which I didn't really like by the time I got to level 2.

I lost inches, not pounds, but I'm not upset about that. It was a great place for me to start and the cardio is great!

It all depends upon what your tastes are. For me it would be ineffective....(older) need low impact....all the jumping jacks (ouch) and I can't stand Jillian anyway. Try it for awhile (YouTube has free sessions) and see if you like it.

MANY workouts can be effective. You just need to be motivated to push yourself. I'm liking Kelly Coffey Meyer DVDs......http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/kelly-coffey-meyer