To use pre-workout or not?

Options
2»

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I use C4 for my workouts because it helps me focus and not look around the gym and lose my concentration. It also helps some with energy. Personally I just really love the tingle feeling it gives me.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Also beta alanine appears to blunt the testosterone spike caused by creatine ( although in combination they still increase lean mass) as with all things do your research before messing with your body's chemistry...and take what you need for your particular goals.

Do you have the Journal article and authors that display this result? I'm curious because I've read three primary-source journal articles on the effect of beta-alanine on training and hormone function and nothing was mentioned about that, nothing was even eluded to this occurring.
  • philwrightfitness
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »
    Also beta alanine appears to blunt the testosterone spike caused by creatine ( although in combination they still increase lean mass) as with all things do your research before messing with your body's chemistry...and take what you need for your particular goals.

Do you have the Journal article and authors that display this result? I'm curious because I've read three primary-source journal articles on the effect of beta-alanine on training and hormone function and nothing was mentioned about that, nothing was even eluded to this occurring.

Examine.com seem to be saying this but their language is a bit woolly....they cite Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2006 Aug;16(4):430-46. but I cam only see the abstract which again is unclear on this particular point....if I've miss quoted then many apologies