fat

Options
I have been measuring, using measuring spoons and I'm good all around except my fat intake i am over what can I do to help that. we have been eating pork chops, steak, antipasta salad, i could use some advise thanks jo ann

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    As long as you are under your calorie goal and getting enough protein I wouldn't worry about it.
    0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I agree - don't try to juggle too many things at once - concentrate on keeping your calories where they should be.
  • Leenda62
    Leenda62 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    As long as you are under your calorie goal and getting enough protein I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree with Busyrae.

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna chime in on this one, and agree. As long as you're on target for calories, I wouldn't sweat the fat for now.

There are a lot of studies that are indicating that the fear of dietary fat was a mistake, anyway.

I find it is easier for me to stay within calorie goals if I don't sweat the fat. Satiety, you know.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Re-adjust your macro settings? Honestly, my diet is 40% fats. Fat doesn't make you fat, it's actually essential for the proper absorption of some nutrients. I would be more worried about sugars and salt.

You don't have to follow a certain ratio or what MFP sets for you. A typical week has me at 40% fat, 40% carb and 20% protein but I am always working to get that protein higher. This ratio just happens as a natural result of a gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free diet that I follow for medical reasons.

Edited to say: avoid deep-fried fats (they are bad) and stick with natural, healthy fat sources like olive oil, nuts, avocado, etc.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Substitute chicken breast and turkey breast for like half of the pork and beef you are eating. That should get the fat down. :) If you can find ground bison meat, that is a low fat red meat that's delicious and good for you.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    If you're at a deficit, you're golden.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a food scale, if you haven't gotten one already. Measuring spoons will not be entirely accurate. If it will give you peace of mind, I'd recommend weighing with a food scale, and not worrying too much about going over. As long as you remain in a deficit, don't worry too much about going over on macros unless you have a medical reason to do so.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Current studies show that eating fat is good for you, but be aware that it is dense in calories.
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When I make anything with ground beef, I sub in half with ground turkey. I also started buying turkey sausage, turkey ham, etc. When turkey products first came out, they weren't so great, but now even though you can taste that it is not the real thing, it isn't bad.