Trying to lose half a stone by next month!

Hi all,
I'm 21, 5ft3 female student, currently 9st 10lbs, would love to get back down to 8st by June next year, but wouldn't mind losing half a stone before christmas, as have a holiday mid January.
I'm new to this so I've been having all sorts of cravings but I've been managing to stay within my 1200 calories per day. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if this would be possible, losing half a stone by next month on 1200 calories per day? Being a student its hard to fit in exercise, but I'm trying to fit in 2-3 lots of cardio (skipping) and things like sit ups, squats etc. I just wouldn't mind someone letting me know if what I'm doing is the correct way of going about losing this weight?
Any comments would be great! :)

Many thanks,
Katie

Replies

0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    I'm not great at the numbers, someone else will no doubt tell you if you can make your half a stone by Christmas - I just wanted to say you're going about losing the weight the right way - by doing it when you're 21. You've got all your life ahead of you and you soooo don't need to be carrying around a load of baggage at your age. Shift those pounds, and by next summer you'll be wearing the same teeny weeny shorts that my 21 year old student daughter wears (and I complain about.....that's what mum's do). Good luck with both the weight loss and the studies.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    7 pounds in 7 weeks should be achievable.