bulking friends!

Options
I need friends that bulk!!!! Please add me!

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I'm spending an entire year working out to gain mass (I'll probably extend that too...it's just so fun). Buddy up!
  • devenfuentes
    devenfuentes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    I'm spending an entire year working out to gain mass (I'll probably extend that too...it's just so fun). Buddy up!
    AWESOME!!! Having a friend with the same goal always helps
  • anachronicles
    anachronicles Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the bulking world and just started my bulk about a week and a half ago! Would love some tips from you guys!
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Started bulking about 8 weeks ago...10 pounds gained so far. Continuing through February I love my 3000+ calorie Thanksgiving!
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be bulking but failing miserably. Miserably. I blame my everything.
  • devenfuentes
    Options
    I'm new to the bulking world and just started my bulk about a week and a half ago! Would love some tips from you guys!
    that's awesome!! Bulking is a lot of fun! Waaaaaaaay funner than cutting. people get incredibly angry on a cut

• devenfuentes
    Options
    jmt08c wrote: »
    Started bulking about 8 weeks ago...10 pounds gained so far. Continuing through February I love my 3000+ calorie Thanksgiving!

Nice bro!! 10 lbs in 8 weeks is crazy awesome! I wish I had your metabolism. Been eating 4000 cals for about 4 months now and have gained 13 lbs
  • devenfuentes
    Options
    I'm supposed to be bulking but failing miserably. Miserably. I blame my everything.

You'll get it man!! If you've bulked times before the muscle gained compared to the earlier bulks is naturally gonna be less. Well at least thats what steve cook said haha
  • civilizedworm
    Options

You'll get it man!! If you've bulked times before the muscle gained compared to the earlier bulks is naturally gonna be less. Well at least thats what steve cook said haha

Thank you I appreciate it!

Its not that I have problem eating, its not unknown for me to have a day of 4K a couple times a week (weekends mostly) but my schedule is out of whack. Not at the office much over the last month where its a lot easier to plan my eating then running around all day with my 4-year old.

I'm gonna keep pressing on. Gained one pound in 6 weeks. Go me!

Anyone out there ever use one of those mass gainers? Thoughts?
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Its not that I have problem eating, its not unknown for me to have a day of 4K a couple times a week (weekends mostly) but my schedule is out of whack. Not at the office much over the last month where its a lot easier to plan my eating then running around all day with my 4-year old.

Never used one, but if you're having a hard time being consistent, I don't see a reason why you couldn't take one before bed on days you don't get enough cals. Or just make a protein shake with some heavy cream and a banana.
  • devenfuentes
    Options

I've been using dymatize's super mass gainer for a while now and it's pretty awesome. It brought my cals up to 4000 a day. I have a crazy metabolism so it is greatly loved. It's a little expensive. 40 dollars for a 12 pound bag that lasts 16 days. I've been cutting the servings in half to prolong it's use. Overall it's great.
  • civilizedworm
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Never used one, but if you're having a hard time being consistent, I don't see a reason why you couldn't take one before bed on days you don't get enough cals. Or just make a protein shake with some heavy cream and a banana.
    I supplement with just some cheap Walmart Muscle tech protein with soy milk around my 930-1030am mid-morning snack. Gives me an additional 540 calories. I consume around 3K a day for maintenance alone. I was thinking a mass gainer in addition, just before bed like you recommended.

Btw.. my dairy should be open if anyone is interested.
    I've been using dymatize's super mass gainer for a while now and it's pretty awesome. It brought my cals up to 4000 a day. I have a crazy metabolism so it is greatly loved. It's a little expensive. 40 dollars for a 12 pound bag that lasts 16 days. I've been cutting the servings in half to prolong it's use. Overall it's great.
    super%20mass-facts.jpg
    I'll look into that in one. Tastes good? Easy to mix?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You could make a cheaper homemade gainer with pb, oats, banana and milk.
  • devenfuentes
    Options
    I supplement with just some cheap Walmart Muscle tech protein with soy milk around my 930-1030am mid-morning snack. Gives me an additional 540 calories. I consume around 3K a day for maintenance alone. I was thinking a mass gainer in addition, just before bed like you recommended.

Btw.. my dairy should be open if anyone is interested.
    super%20mass-facts.jpg
    I'll look into that in one. Tastes good? Easy to mix?

Yeah that's the one I use. 1900 cals with milk for a full serving. I split the serving in half then takes those halves after a workout and before bed. chocolate and cookies n cream are the only good tasting ones. But yeah if you don't have time to make your own, it's pretty handy.
  • civilizedworm
    edited November 2014
    Options
    That's a great idea - except, well, running a blender is a bit of a problem right now. The three of us are crammed into a 900 sq ft condo that will never sell apparently, and noise will wake my 4-year old.

All through the 90's I made shakes like that. Two three times a day. Aided in transforming me from a 145# skater when I graduated HS in '90 to a 185# guy with an average 12% bf when I got serious/(more) educated about training by 25. Only twist is that I added in yogurt and whole milk.

Convenience is crucial for me right now, but yeah, that's a great combo. Thank you.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    That's a great idea - except, well, running a blender is a bit of a problem right now. The three of us are crammed into a 900 sq ft condo that will never sell apparently, and noise will wake my 4-year old.

All through the 90's I made shakes like that. Two three times a day. Aided in transforming me from a 145# skater when I graduated HS in '90 to a 185# guy with an average 12% bf when I got serious/(more) educated about training by 25. Only twist is that I added in yogurt and whole milk.

Convenience is crucial for me right now, but yeah, that's a great combo. Thank you.

I have a 4yo too. I hear ya!
  • civilizedworm
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »

I hope, unlike my heir, your preschooler lets you sleep. I can't get my daughter to sleep, nor can I get her out of bed.
  • civilizedworm
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You know what I just thought, heck, why don't I trade out my mid-morning protein feed with the mass gainer? Duh. I blame my age. Getting ridgid and un-creative as I get older it seems.

I can mix that in a spring-shaker right?
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Starting my bulking up plan today. Using a personalized version of T-Nation's Carb Cycling Codex concept to my own needs and a lifting program I put together. Going for 4 months before making any drastic changes if needed.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »

I hope, unlike my heir, your preschooler lets you sleep. I can't get my daughter to sleep, nor can I get her out of bed.

He goes to bed well (8pm) but then he's up at the crack of dawn. No sleeping in at my house.