Anyone try MSM to tighten skin while losing weight?

Options
Hey all,

I hope you're all doing well. I've come across some stuff on the internet recommending MSM to help tighten skin while losing or after weight loss. Has anyone tried it? If so what are your thoughts? Did it help?

MSM is a natural sulfur and is found in our bodies. Apparently, from what I've read, because of our modern diets a lot of the natural sulfur that's supposed to be in our foods gets processed out of it. MSM is a supplement for joint health and some other things, but have also read some success stories of people who have tried it to tighten loose skin.

Anyone tried this supplement?

Replies

• GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    No sorry, but it sounds interesting.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mzxfjzHusQ1s4v4p9.gif

Skin will tighten on its own. If you are so unlucky (as I am) to be riddled with stretch marks, then nothing is going to magically make stretched out skin all better. Save for surgery, obviously.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it for that purpose, but I took it years ago for hair growth(along with biotin)....it made my skin break out terribly, but two weeks later my skin looked amazing!!!! It worked for my hair..it was more shiny and seemed stronger so it did not break off and I got the length that I wanted.
  • tmw098
    tmw098 Posts: 24
    Options
    rainbowblu wrote: »
    Never heard of it for that purpose, but I took it years ago for hair growth(along with biotin)....it made my skin break out terribly, but two weeks later my skin looked amazing!!!! It worked for my hair..it was more shiny and seemed stronger so it did not break off and I got the length that I wanted.

Thanks rainbowblu, I've read it also had those effects!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Collagen is skin elasticity. Please google up how and why skin keeps looking youthful (a bit of underskin fat) and elastic. Eat balanced is best.