Walkers and beginning runners - Anyone doing RYBO

Options
Balaru
Balaru Posts: 203 Member
A couple of years ago I hit one of those BIG milestones the BIG 5 0....So I decided to be Fifty, Fit and Fabulous and I did. I started with a 2 mile Christmas run at our City Park. I walked it but it was a start. Next I did a 5k for my birthday and I kept doing either a 5k or 10k for 6 months straight. One each month until the heat and humidity got to be too much. I kept walk / running at the gym on the treadmill but then a Hurricane hit our town and I have been struggling for consistency ever since. I got started with Zumba and Spin but it's hit or miss. My goal is to get back in that zone again. In those six months of walk/running and doing Weight watchers I lost 27 pounds and found joy and purpose while going through the loss of my Mom to stroke and dealing with an empty nest. That same Christmas run is coming up. So I'd like to rewind and get back to it. RYBO is a book called Run Your Butt Off. It starts with walking 30 minutes 4 times a week so that's my goal. At the end of 12 weeks you could be running 30 minutes straight. Last time I got to 15 minutes straight. I'm going to weigh in on Saturday mornings this time, then head out for a walk. Once I get started I'm good. It's the getting started that hasn't happened this time. I have my clothes set out for tomorrow. I've been tracking my food on here - good or bad. Anybody with me?

Replies

• FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I can't jog because of health reasons so admittedly I clicked on this just to learn what the heck RYBO stood for :laugh: I wish you luck though dear! hah
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    There is also the Couch-to-5k program you can google. It's free. I hear good things about it all the time but have never used it, because I've already been running forever. My sister used it and really seemed to benefit from it. Good luck with your training!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    That sounds great!