Which split should I do?

Options
2»

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Considering OP bumped his own post before anyone had a chance to respond and then hasn't commented back since recommendations have been made, I'd say it's safe to assume he doesn't care about us :'(
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Wow, I lost hope and missed these replies - So if any of you read this, thanks so much :) I've decided just to increase my volume per workout, and follow on with the 4/5 day split of each muscle group having their own day, thinking that 2-3 days prior to the training should provide enough rest for those high volume days.

For the record;
    - Current weight: 78kg
    - Been training for 4 years now
    - lifts:
    Squats; 100kg for 3. Bench; 90kg for 5. OHP; no max tested. DL; 100kg for 6-8.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Wow, I lost hope and missed these replies - So if any of you read this, thanks so much :) I've decided just to increase my volume per workout, and follow on with the 4/5 day split of each muscle group having their own day, thinking that 2-3 days prior to the training should provide enough rest for those high volume days.

For the record;
    - Current weight: 78kg
    - Been training for 4 years now
    - lifts:
    Squats; 100kg for 3. Bench; 90kg for 5. OHP; no max tested. DL; 100kg for 6-8.

Curious, what does your final training split look like?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Pick one that fits your current life style and time allowance.

When complete make necessary adjustments to program or find new one.

• splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    4 days per week all the muscles

• zSandman
    zSandman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Out of those, I'd personally prefer PHAT or the bro-split. I like doing PPL personally since I get to hit each muscle two times a week.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'd recommend full body 3x a week with the extra info.

Something like
    A Squat, Bench, Rows, RDL's(optional abs)
    B Deadlift, OHP, Chinup, front squat (optional arm isolation)
    3*8-10 for all except Deadlifts, I only like to go to 5 reps max.

Alternatively,
    Squat
    chinup
    bench
    row
    RDL
    chinup
    3x8. Up weight when you make sets and reps, drop weight 10% if you fail to make progress 3 sessions in a row. (progress being one extra rep over the 3 sets)

For some reason, full body routines aren't that popular. I think the increased frequency leads to much better technique on the main lifts which allows you to lift more and promote more hypertrophy (as well as strength)

My maxes are 210/105/250kg and I still prefer full body sessions.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Any program that has you progressively lifting while you are eating a surplus.

THAT'S the right answer to "which program for gains"

pick a program that you like and fits your schedule.

I prefer full body type deals- I don't have time to lift 6 days a week for a full split.