What is your muscle building breakfast?

Options
mcraburn123
mcraburn123 Posts: 65 Member
Hey everybody. I am currently on a slow bulking phase. My breakfast is 3 eggs and a cup of oatmeal with 36 almonds. I find it hard to eat enough to meet my calorie goal. If you would, pls share your muscle building breakfast and also if you have ideas on healthy calorie dense foods? My diary is open to public if you want to know.

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Rice omelette with cheese, toast, a pint of milk and some fruit.
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    Rice omelette with cheese, toast, a pint of milk and some fruit.

sounds pretty good. Probably need sum cheese anyway cus I don't ever eat it. Thanks for the advice.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, but when I do start eating, meatloaf muffins have been one of my go-tos.

Looking at your diary, I'd add some PB to your oatmeal in the morning and have a bowl of ice cream after dinner,

FTR, I'm a 5'6" 130 lb female with a 2700 calorie goal and I have no problems meeting it!
  • jbgolf52
    jbgolf52 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I switch between two breakfasts:

1. 3 eggs with spinach, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 5oz strawberries, Dannon light and fit GY/chicken sausage.

2. Protein pancakes, some sausages, 5oz strawberries.

Looking at your diary, it seems like you eat pretty healthy food. Don't be afraid to eat some junk, as long as the majority of your diet is composed of whole foods you'll be fine. Calories are king when it comes to gaining weight.
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    I don't eat breakfast, but when I do start eating, meatloaf muffins have been one of my go-tos.

Looking at your diary, I'd add some PB to your oatmeal in the morning and have a bowl of ice cream after dinner,

FTR, I'm a 5'6" 130 lb female with a 2700 calorie goal and I have no problems meeting it!

Yeah and I love pb so that shouldn't be a problem at all. Thanks and keep up the good work.
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    Yeah I should add some jun
    jbgolf52 wrote: »

1. 3 eggs with spinach, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 5oz strawberries, Dannon light and fit GY/chicken sausage.

Looking at your diary, it seems like you eat pretty healthy food. Don't be afraid to eat some junk, as long as the majority of your diet is composed of whole foods you'll be fine. Calories are king when it comes to gaining weight.

Yeah, I should probl add sum junk like u said for calories. I just find it hard to eat enough bc I feel so full. Thanks alot
  • M5193
    M5193 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat kashi go lean mixed with plain greek yogurt (and fruit) for breakfast. It's hard to get a lot of calories from it since it's so filling, but it provides about 30 grams of protein for me.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options

Yeah, I should probl add sum junk like u said for calories. I just find it hard to eat enough bc I feel so full. Thanks alot

Don't be afraid to drink your calories too. Protein shake made with a banana and some milk will help add calories without filling you up too much. And a scoop of PB in there too LOL
  • mcraburn123
    Options

Don't be afraid to drink your calories too. Protein shake made with a banana and some milk will help add calories without filling you up too much. And a scoop of PB in there too LOL

haha for sure as soon as I got ur post I added sum 2 % milk and ima probly mix sum pb with it too for the cals
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    M5193 wrote: »
    I eat kashi go lean mixed with plain greek yogurt (and fruit) for breakfast. It's hard to get a lot of calories from it since it's so filling, but it provides about 30 grams of protein for me.

yeah and in the morning I could eat probly 1500 cals if I wanted to cus thts when im the hungriest but im tryn to slow bulk so I dnt want too much fat gain but I know fruit can help a lot adding them extra cal
  • cjbuczynski
    cjbuczynski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually have a low-sugar cereal (Fiber One, regular Cheerios, Corn Flakes) with some Almond milk mixed with some vanilla protein powder! Or add some protein powder to the water you mix in with your oats!
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    I usually have a low-sugar cereal (Fiber One, regular Cheerios, Corn Flakes) with some Almond milk mixed with some vanilla protein powder! Or add some protein powder to the water you mix in with your oats!

I cook my oats on the stove so should I add the powder in while im cookin or after its thru
  • PwrLftr82
    Options

I cook my oats on the stove so should I add the powder in while im cookin or after its thru

Mix the protein powder with some milk and add to oats after they're done cooking. Also--whole milk rather than 2% will be your friend.
  • mcraburn123
    Options

Mix the protein powder with some milk and add to oats after they're done cooking. Also--whole milk rather than 2% will be your friend.

I haven't had whole milk in over 5 years lol
  • mcraburn123
    Options

I haven't had whole milk in over 5 years lol
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    It's great for bulking. GOMAD is a very popular bulking method. I'm not necessarily recommending it, but it's a great way to help you reach your calorie goals.
  • devenfuentes
    devenfuentes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow all of these recommendations are way better than mine lol. I just have a mass gainer protein shake, packet of oatmeal, 2 eggs, and a little fruit.
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    It's great for bulking. GOMAD is a very popular bulking method. I'm not necessarily recommending it, but it's a great way to help you reach your calorie goals.

yeah I read about it it just seems like a way of getting very fat then its a lot harder to lose the weight and retain the muscle
  • mcraburn123
    Options
    Wow all of these recommendations are way better than mine lol. I just have a mass gainer protein shake, packet of oatmeal, 2 eggs, and a little fruit.

idk bro, tht sounds spot on really
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    Dude, you only get fat if you eat too much of a surplus. If you're consistently falling short, I see no reason not to have SOME whole milk.